Just found a way to fix up the questionable coffee!!!

longduo

I like flavored coffee with sweetener and cream. I read about a new product, Splenda Flavor Blends for Coffee. The package has 30 small individual packets. I have only tried hazelnut, but it also comes in French Vanilla and Mocha. I took it on a recent trip to Croatia and loved it! Finally I could enjoy restaurant coffee! I think it will be wonderful on our upcoming cruise and a lot cheaper than a coffee card!

Longduo

ckornuta, I got it at Safeway, but have also seen it at other grocery stores in Colorado so assume it is available nationwide.....Colorado is not usually a test market for new products.

It is in the coffee aisle near the powdered creamers tho' this product has no creamer, just flavor and sweetener.

Longduo

The vanilla is great also. It's just getting in stores in CA in the last month or so. I've had to travel for work recently and saw it. I'm not a coffee drinker except when it's the only thing to drink. I agree this may help the taste of the Princess coffee. :)

I like flavored coffee with sweetener and cream. I read about a new product, Splenda Flavor Blends for Coffee. The package has 30 small individual packets. I have only tried hazelnut, but it also comes in French Vanilla and Mocha. I took it on a recent trip to Croatia and loved it! Finally I could enjoy restaurant coffee! I think it will be wonderful on our upcoming cruise and a lot cheaper than a coffee card!

Longduo

They are pretty good. I actually bought a cappacino card and used those with those. I used a few in the reg. coffee also-but it was just not that good anyway-so a waste of my splenda flavorings!

By the way guys-if you are a previous crusier-do NOT buy your coffee card as soon as you get on ship. I did and then I found a 20% off coupon in my stateroom-so I wish I had waited!

My daughter of 21 is travelling from South Africa to Colorado for four months to work in a ski resort in Brekenridge. Saw u are from Colorado and wondered if I could take the liberty of asking you a few questions about Colorado. My email is mindy@global.co.za. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Maxine

I traveled on the Golden last year and the only complaint I could have come up with if I thought long and hard was the coffee so it is interesting to me to see that they sell a coffee card. I had not heard of this and I would be more than willing to pay for one. Does anyone know how much they are and where do you buy it? I'm sailing on the Diamond in Jan. and would prefer to enjoy some good coffee and hopefully you can use these cards in the dining room for your coffee. I will take note of the 20% off coupon in the cabin.

I was thnking of taking my Folger's coffee singles with me to make coffee in the Horizon Court instead of drinking their coffee. Yes, I really did not like what they served. The flavored splenda might help, but everything I added last year didn't. It does however sound really good to buy for home use.

I love all the helpful hints you get from reading this site!

Vicki

We did wait to buy the coffee card with the coupon and were informed the 20% OFF is off the price you would pay for the regular per cup purchase!! VERY deceiving....also the rules seemed to change day by day.

At the beginning of the week I had tea, vanilla coffee etc. without needing the card ..by the end of the week it was a punch for EVERYTHING!:confused:

This was on the Crown 10-18 voyage

In my family coffee gets drank like water, so I'll be the first to admit I'm a true coffee snob. Here has been my solution for the very weak, and blah coffee on the ship. Bring a french press.

I backpack a lot and I always bring my lexan coffee press, and now it comes in great for cruising. just fill it up with your coffee gounds of choice and take it up with you to breakfast. Just fill it with hot water and within just a few minutes you have your favorite coffee on your favorite cruise.

Those who really don't care about their coffee may think this is too much trouble, but if java is what you need this is the only way to go. Good coffee in a good press will be way better than anything they serve, even w/ the coffe card.

You can get simple Lexan press at most outdoor stores for about 10 dollars.

I've always found that Bailey's Irish Cream does a good job on the coffee. And if worst comes to worst, throw away the coffee and just go with the Bailey's. :D

that jamaican rum creme was pretty good in the coffee too! The problem is with my diabetes I have to watch the sugar in that-otherwise I would always spike my coffee!!!!!!!

The coffee card was $28.00 no 20% off with coupon.

The coupon was in this book that we found in our stateroom- a coupon book that is given to previous cruisers and the coffee card was $27.60 after the 15% tip was added to $24.00-without the coupon- but as each cappacino was $2 plus a 15% tip-it does save you a little-so if I had used the coupon in the book-that would have paid for the tip part-but still a good value-I had no trouble using it up, I did my hubby a couple but otherwise I drank all of them. I would have one every afternoon and then again on at dinner.

I was just saying. As soon as we boarded I bought the card BEFORE going to our stateroom-I had no idea we would get a coupon book and a coupon for the coffee card.

Also, too, at the coffee bar-you could get a cup of coffee for $1-that was perked coffee and not the dinningroom syrup. I never did though.

The coffee card was $28.00 no 20% off with coupon.

The coupon was in this book that we found in our stateroom- a coupon book that is given to previous cruisers and the coffee card was $27.60 after the 15% tip was added to $24.00-without the coupon- but as each cappacino was $2 plus a 15% tip-it does save you a little-so if I had used the coupon in the book-that would have paid for the tip part-but still a good value-I had no trouble using it up, I did my hubby a couple but otherwise I drank all of them. I would have one every afternoon and then again on at dinner.

I was just saying. As soon as we boarded I bought the card BEFORE going to our stateroom-I had no idea we would get a coupon book and a coupon for the coffee card.

Also, too, at the coffee bar-you could get a cup of coffee for $1-that was perked coffee and not the dinningroom syrup. I never did though.

I guess maybe I am one in a million but no matter what I put in Princess coffee, no matter how I tried to disguise it, even adding half booze half coffee would not get me to drink the stuff.

I can't get past the horrible smell of it. And those few times I did, I just couldn't stand it.

So, guess I am destined to find ways around it. Heck, if nothing else I would bring Folger's coffee singles with me and just use their hot water. Anything to me (and my DH) is better than what Princess is trying to pass off as coffee.

Longduo

I'm so disappointed as I went to Publix and Albertsons down here and neither carry this. Guess I'll have to endure bad coffee for a week.

There could be worse things, I'd rather be cruising and having bad coffee than staying here and having great coffee.

I'm so disappointed as I went to Publix and Albertsons down here and neither carry this. Guess I'll have to endure bad coffee for a week.

There could be worse things, I'd rather be cruising and having bad coffee than staying here and having great coffee.

I bought mine at Kroger. Do you have a Kroger nearby?

We liked the idea of the coffee card; sign once, punched holes the rest of the time. Although, if you like a real good cup of coffee, you will not get it by getting cappuccinos either. At least, not at the coffe bar(consistently weak). However, did manage to have a good one in the dining room.

I've always found that Bailey's Irish Cream does a good job on the coffee. And if worst comes to worst, throw away the coffee and just go with the Bailey's. :D

I'll go you one better...I was in the liquor store today and saw that Bailey's now makes Chocolate Mint and Caramel flavored Irish Creams. Those flavors will take care of any nasty coffee taste!

Oh no..bad coffee..:(

Carnival actually had some pretty good coffee, I'm guessing it's not the same stuff

Do they treat the coffee as bad as they treat that other brown caffeine containing product cruiselines call 'tea'

Is the coffee card good for a certain number of cups of coffee? Since it is mentioned that they punch the card I was just wondering how it worked. I didn't know if it was for unlimited cups like a soda card or a pre-determined number of cups. Just curious.

Vicki

Archived