Just found a way to fix up the questionable coffee!!!

longduo

Dumb Question - What is wrong with the "questionable coffee" that is available everywhere?

It is several notches above "Starbucks"!!!

Ron

Exactly. I was going to ask what the "questionable" coffee is. And I agree that it's MUCH better than Starbucks. I've gotten coffee there to see what so many say is "good" and had to toss it out as undrinkable.

I always take a brew-n-go with me. It makes about 12 ounces of coffee in a thermal cup with lid in about 60 seconds. My DH & I use it every day and don't waste any this way. The most expensive hotels don't have in room coffee and we "want it now!" I bring my own coffee and flavored creamers. Can't do without! No bad coffee for us.

My daughter of 21 is travelling from South Africa to Colorado for four months to work in a ski resort in Brekenridge. Saw u are from Colorado and wondered if I could take the liberty of asking you a few questions about Colorado. My email is mindy@global.co.za. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Maxine

We are South African, living in Atlanta, she is going to have a blast!!!:)

Is the coffee card good for a certain number of cups of coffee? Since it is mentioned that they punch the card I was just wondering how it worked. I didn't know if it was for unlimited cups like a soda card or a pre-determined number of cups. Just curious.

Vicki

Hi vicki! How was your cruise on the zenith? pop into the floataway lounge and say hello to us there-it is a long thread called Kamlampoos crusiers-I started it as the fashionboard would not let us go off topic anymore and we have had several join us since it was started.

Yes you get 15 coffee drinks. As in cappucinos, lattes and mochas. The coffee bar was great-but I liked the cova cafe from the Zenith better!

I was just going to mention-I do like the coffee flavorings and they are great for carrying in my purse when I am out to sweeten and flavor my coffee at a restuarant-but at home I love Davinci's sugarfree flavoring syrup-I always get the Kahluh-no alcohol in it-but it is GREAT!! I thought about bringing that with me but I would need a bigger purse as it is a 4 oz. bottle!

Try room service for coffee in the morning. We found it much better than the coffee in the Horizon Court. Can't explain why.

the stewards have their own little kitchen an dthey make the coffee there-but I was the oppoisite-I prefered the Horizon court.

If your local grocery store doesn't carry this product, you can get it online from Amazon. (That's right, Amazon!). The cost is about $20 to $24 for 6 packets, so the cost of your cup of coffee will be $3 to $4.

Actually there are 30 flavor packets in a box so 6 boxes at $24 comes out to about 13 cents a cup.

I got some at Walgreens this week 2 boxes for $7.

Longduo

I've always found that Bailey's Irish Cream does a good job on the coffee. And if worst comes to worst, throw away the coffee and just go with the Bailey's. :D

I'm with you, and when running out of Bailey's, go get more Bailey's, not coffee.:D

I have tried the mocha flavor and think it is great. Just got off the CB and they no longer have Splenda on the ship and I was especially glad I brought my own. Of course I always bring my own coffee maker. It makes the day to start out with a great cup of coffee on the balcony.

My daughter of 21 is travelling from South Africa to Colorado for four months to work in a ski resort in Brekenridge. Saw u are from Colorado and wondered if I could take the liberty of asking you a few questions about Colorado. My email is mindy@global.co.za. Would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

I don't give out my e-mail address, but would be glad to try to answer your Colorado questions here. We have lived in Fort Collins, Colorado for 36 years and love it. Breckenridge is a great place. I think your daughter will love it. If she acts responsibly just like she should anywhere in the world, she will be fine.

By the way we were in South Africa in 2002 mainly in Capetown and the surrounding areas and loved it.

Longduo

Good Lord! Is Princess's coffee so bad that even General Foods International "Coffee" - a blend of ultrabland instant, artificial creamer, and even more artificial flavor - is actually an improvement?

If so, it's gonna be a long 11 days...

Thanks for the reply. Two other C C"s replied to my email and they have answered all my questions. She is very responsible and I know she will have a good time. Its the mother that worries...... She is very excited and has booked into a hostel for the first few nights and we have also booked a shuttle from Denver Airport.

Pleased you enjoyed S.A. We live in Johannesburg and at the moment are enjoying glorious sunshine. Cape Town and the wine routes are amazing. We spend our summer vacations there.

Thanks again and if I think of anything else will ask here.

Maxine

Archived