What To Buy In Roatan?

bishop35

Are there any items that maybe you have found in Roatan that you can't find anywhere else? Maybe something that is manufactured or grown in Roatan that would be a great item to buy? I plan on buting some Honduran coffee, is there anything else that would be great to get while we are there? Thanks for your help:) .

Roatan is known for their hand carvings, you will find everything from jewelry boxes, coffee tables to front doors at the market place. I decided to get a Mahogany plack carved for me, I had the man put a palm tree and "roatan" on it, it was done in a few hours and cost $8.

What a great idea! And a great souvenir of your vacation for a decent price. I am hiring a taxi for the day, I am sure they can help me find someone that can carve me an original. Thanks for the idea!

• 4 weeks later...

We were there on the Zenith on Nov. 24th. We bought a lovely salad bowl with 6 small bowls and utensils. We also bought a hammock for $18 - plan on stringing it up next summer and remembering our cruise! :p The wooden boxes are carved and come as large as trunk sized. They are very attractive. They also had bags and blankets similar to Mexico.

Archived