Sun-Just Got THE call

Now are you going to go formal or resort casual for the Captain's cocktail party for suites & VIP's?;):D

I haven't even thought of that. I guess I can forget about my Box Car Willie outfit. LOL. We had planned this trip resort casual since it was just the two of us, but I imagine we'll look at it a little different now and step it up a bit.

Lora, I have no idea how they choose for an up-sell. I know they offer them to open up some easier to sell cabins to help fill the ship but how they pick is beyond me. For a while, it seemed like mainly first time with NCL were getting them but maybe that's not it either. I have three cruises booked with them over the next year, two with a pre-cruise hotel that was very good buys.

I've got a question, what number did they call from?

I kept getting out of state calls when I was at work the month leading up the cruise, so now I'm thinking I should have answered them... :D

I don't know. They called my TA, who is outstanding. She takes care of every detail and always gets me a better price than I could book myself. When I had to cancel my last cruise due to my wife having emergency surgery, she got all the insurance paperwork, compiled all the information I would need to file, and sent it to me. Ten minutes work on my part and I got all my money back. This lady is the service that cruise lines need.

I've got a question, what number did they call from?

I kept getting out of state calls when I was at work the month leading up the cruise, so now I'm thinking I should have answered them... :D

OK, don't shoot yourself. Last Saturday we got a call from NCL offering us an upgrade to the Owners' Suite on the Dawn. My 14 yo daughter got the call and I wasn't home. By the time I got home my daughter nearly had a breakdown. She couldn't get a hold of me. They said they would offer it to other people and try calling us back in an hour if no one took it.

Caller ID said "Out of Area." Guess what we didn't get a call back. The friends that we are going with will be enjoying 9506.

Great news, I think;)

You may have to go back to work to afford Penthouses on your future cruises. The upsell is NCL Crack hard to quit once they hook you.

Enjoy

WORK:eek: . Never happen Jim. If they set the hook too deep, I'll just cut back to a couple of cruises per year and spend some other vacations sponging off the relatives:D . The relatives have figured out how to do that to us with us in this resort town. LOL>

Booked a BE balcony guarantee for the 12/10/2006 Sun cruise out of New Orleans and was assigned a BA. Just got the call for an upgrade to a Penthouse for $300.

I believe I just may enjoy this cruise (As if I wouldn't anyway).

Nice upsell! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear from you upon your return. We're looking at the Sun, as well as the Pearl, as well as the Jewel, as well as the Star for sometime this winter.

Booked a BE balcony guarantee for the 12/10/2006 Sun cruise out of New Orleans and was assigned a BA. Just got the call for an upgrade to a Penthouse for $300.

I believe I just may enjoy this cruise (As if I wouldn't anyway).

We did not book a guaranty but have a room already assigned. Does this mean we do not have a chance of an upsell? Our final payment is due on Nov 19. We originally booked on board the Majesty in May but turned it over to our TA. So does she call and say we are interested in a possible upsell? Does she just call NCL?

We just returned from our first NCL cruise on the Dawn. We also received "the call" and spent 7 glorious days right in the front in our Penthouse. Have a wonderful time and do have breakfast in your room. The butler will bring you anything you want for breakfast. You can order off of the room service menu...just write in what you want. My husband loves poached eggs and, by golly, he got them! And do enjoy your 530 snacks too!

Have a wonderful time - Bon Voyage!!!

Ciao,

W A W W

We did not book a guaranty but have a room already assigned. Does this mean we do not have a chance of an upsell? Our final payment is due on Nov 19. We originally booked on board the Majesty in May but turned it over to our TA. So does she call and say we are interested in a possible upsell? Does she just call NCL?

The upsell department no longer accepts incoming calls from TAs or passengers because they are a small department (pretty much, one person per ship for all bookings). People were calling in daily (and even more often) and they just got overwhelmed. The manager decided enough was enough. Plus, long-time cruisers (and probably new ones who know about upsell) were booking lower level cabins and then calling upsell repeatedly to get a deal. The higher suites weren't selling. The revenue department was displeased. The feeling was that if upsell didn't accept incoming calls and the whole thing became a guessing game, then passengers would book in a higher level (that is one closer to what they actually wanted or what they would be happy with).

Your TA handles all your dealings with NCL. The cruise line will not discuss your booking directly with you, but will tell you to call your TA and have your TA call them regarding whatever. In this case, it doesn't matter all that much because the upsell department won't take the call.

And I think that at least as many people who have booked specific cabins get upsell calls as though who booked guarantees. It just depends on what's available and what they want to either fill or try to re-sell. We booked a specific cabin and got an upsell offer. (Didn't take it as it was too much, in our opinion, to go from AF to AE. I know many would jump at it, but we decided that we're perfectly happy in our AF. And who knows, maybe for the first time ever the upgrade fairy will visit us--I wish!)

beachchick

9203 on the corner.

I was in 8202, and the steward let me see 8203 while he was tidying up. I wanted to know what the difference was. It turns out you get a whirlpool tub and three liquors which they replenish throughout the cruise. Deck 9 is good because you look down on the penthouse people on deck 8, and not vice versa. ;) Have a great time. :)

I was in 8202, and the steward let me see 8203 while he was tidying up. I wanted to know what the difference was. It turns out you get a whirlpool tub and three liquors which they replenish throughout the cruise. Deck 9 is good because you look down on the penthouse people on deck 8, and not vice versa. ;) Have a great time. :)

But you still get looked down at by the people in 1202, don't you?

Sounds good. Thanks. As well as looking out the front balcony, did you notice if there were any side windows in that suite?

Archived