Roll Call HAL Oosterdam 04/14/2007

HALFans

• 1 month later...

Hello John here, my partner Chip and I will be sailing on the great ship with you. We’ve sailed a few times before but this is the first with HAL. Heard a lot of good things about HAL so we know we’ll have good service.

Hope to buy you a cocktail for your birthday.

John

• 2 months later...

Chip and John, I'll be more than happy to take you up on your offer.

Chris and I are booked for stateroom 5061 at the moment, but that may change if we get upgraded. ;)

This is our first cruise on one of the Vista class ships. We've been on the old Westerdam, Maasdam, Ryndam (x2) and Volendam before. Looking forward to adding the Oosterdam to our list.

We're scheduled for Main Lower dining and normally go to the Ocean bar before dinner for a cocktail (or three).

Any news about a FOD party on this cruise?

Hi Guys, I have my documents and plan to be on that cruise. This is my 3rd time for that route. I travel alone, but always have the best time. My other 2 trips were in mid/late Nov. I hope it is not too late to see a few whales on this trip; they'll always fun to watch. :)

I hope it is not too late to see a few whales on this trip; they'll always fun to watch. :)

Welcome Jess,

Hope to meet you there!

(Ummm, do I really want to admit this in a public forum?)

I'm a pretty big guy... On our last cruise in Alaska, when people were complaining about not seeing whales I told Chris he should strap a fluke on me and throw me overboard for 1/2 an hour.

He cracked a smile, which for him means it must have been pretty funny at the time.

I'm a pretty big guy... On our last cruise in Alaska, when people were complaining about not seeing whales I told Chris he should strap a fluke on me and throw me overboard for 1/2 an hour.

He cracked a smile, which for him means it must have been pretty funny at the time.

I have to agree. Big guy myself, so I don't lay out on the beach. I always get push back in the ocean by "save the whales" group.

John

Who hoo!

I'm wondering if there's going to be any FOD meetings planned for this cruise. I've asked our HAL travel agent, Bill K. about it, and he gives the pat anser 'Ask when you get onboard'.

John & Chip & Jess, maybe you can have your TAs request some FOD meetings too.

Let's make this wheel squeak and maybe they'll grease it. :rolleyes:

This is our first HAL cruise but we've never had trouble asking for a FOD meeting. Each cruiseline has always given us a location and posted the meeting in the daily planners.

We will check for the date and time for the FOD and if they don't have one we'll be sure to ask.

Our TA books us on a cruise on year and wasn't even aware that there were 1200 G/L booked aboard. I'm sure she doesn't know about asking for FOD's. But we surely will.

See you guys on board.

Hi Guys: Not to worry. I am certain the Cruise Director will schedule a FOD social, once we request it. I am eager to chat with each one of you since you are seasoned travelers. :)

I hope to start packing soon, since time is nearing. This cruise should be easy to prepare for, because of the expected hot weather in Mexico, so lots of shorts and sunscreen. I need to brush up on my Spanish, just in case I need it.

I am an avid walker and love walking around the ship after breakfast. Hope some of you can join me.

JessWright

Hi Guys: Not to worry. I am certain the Cruise Director will schedule a FOD social, once we request it. I am eager to chat with each one of you since you are seasoned travelers. :)

From my experience with a reluctant CD on the Ryndam, I didn't even get a response until I submitted the request in writing. (It was just a little yellow postit, but that's what it took!)

I am an avid walker and love walking around the ship after breakfast. Hope some of you can join me.

Um, if breakfast is like, um, oh, around 10AM? LOL.

Actually, we intend to do a lot of sleeping in (on sea days at least).

I'm actually more of a 'close the bars down' type person... any takers there?

• 2 weeks later...

As we've only got a few days left before sailing, I thought I'd bring this up to date and see if perhaps we had any last-minutes GLBT travelers joining this cruise?

Also, Chip and John, if I'm remembering correctly, you posted a brief note about massage tables in PV? What's the scoop on those, or do you want to wait until we meet on the ship? LOL.

FYI - One of the first things I'm going to do is stop by the CDs office and put in a written request for FOD meetings if there aren't any scheduled.

-Alan

Archived