Independent Shore Excursions

mocha's mom

What independent shore excursions has anyone done in Barbados? Please send the link or email address if you still have it. We prefer to use independents rather than the cruise line for our shore excursions. They are much better with smaller groups and much less expensive!

Thanks for the info.

What are you looking at doing in Barbados? There is a thread on alot of different excursions to take listed on this board separately and most have links within them. I'd be happy to copy some of them over for you if you could give me a little bit of your interests in seeing the island. It seems alot of folks are opting for hanging out at the Boatyard or doing a Beach Carnival in the evening... There are 4 x 4 tours and rentals, snorkling, and city tours... Just name it and I'll try to help. We are lucky enough to have Mr. Barbados here alot with personal experience, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there! I'm interested in independent shore excursions, too! I'm mainly looking for info on catamaran snorkel trips to see the turtles and the shipwreck. I'm also wondering if I'd have time to do this, then have a taxi/private driver take us on a sightseeing trip of the island. I'd appreciate any info! Thanks! :)

As many of you already know, we don't do tours anymore. But our frequent house guests do and they report back to us.

There are a number of boat-based tours on the island: El Tigre; Tiami; Small Cats and Heatwave.

Heard good things about Tiami, but we just got a glowing report about Heatwave this last February.

Find the link [URL=http://caribbean-connection.com/heatwave/]HERE.[/URL]

Great boats and great staff (and a great lunch, too!).

Depending on how long you have on the island, you should be able to do this tour and a taxi tour, too.

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

:)

Archived