Carnival One Day Sale!

taszmom

I spoke with my Carnival Rep today and she spoke to her supervisor. The specials are not good on already booked reservations. She was very nice and checked every other special out there to help me, but my cabin is still selling for over $200pp more than I paid. I obviously booked on another 1 Day Sale :) I feel like I got my cruise for a great bargain, so not applying more U/G's than the 3 I already got is no big deal to me.

Does anyone know more details about this sale? I bought my cruise on bestpricecruises.com online and when I call bestprice, I get a cust. serv. person rather than an actual TA because I bought it online. Doesn't seem like the C.S. person really knows much about upgrades and such (and told me so). I want to know what is possible with upgrades or credits (mainly upgrades) because I am a past guest. The person I spoke with at bestprice wasn't helpful whatsoever and I feel like, yes, I did get a good price, but the lack of a one on one relationship with a TA is much better and someone who knew about the possibilities of upgrades is so much better in the long run. Any advice is appreciated!

It is only for new bookings. My TA did call to see what my cruise would cost if I booked thru the "Special" for my Christmas Cruise. If I booked using the One Day Cruise/Holiday Special it would be nearly $400.00 MORE than what I had booked my cruise at.

Terms and Conditions

One Day Sale:

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy in category 4A. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not applicable with any other discount or promotional offer. Upgrades available in category 4A-8E. Minimum purchase category 4A. Two category available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior; Ocean View to Ocean View; Balcony to Balcony). Upgrades limited to a 1-category ocean view upgrade on Carnival Destiny, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory and Carnival Valor. Ocean view upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend or Carnival Miracle. Valid on new individual bookings only. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebook during this period are not eligible. Valid only on select ships and sail dates between September 5 - December 15, January 1 - December 17, 2005. Excludes two day sailings and Carnival Miracle sailings from Baltimore. Some sail dates in range slightly higher. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply.

2004 Holiday Sailings:

Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades are available at an additional cost. Prices vary by ship and sailing date, and space is subject to availability at time of booking. Promotion is applicable to select 2004 ships and departures. Blackout dates may apply. Minimum category purchase of 4A is required. Save up to $20 per person on 3 day cruises, up to $50 per person on 4/5 day cruises, and up to $100 per person on 7/8 day cruises. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without notice. Offer is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Must book on or before 07/21/04. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply.

2004 Past Guest Holiday Sailings: *Offer is valid for Carnival past guests, non-transferable and has no cash value. Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades are available at an additional cost. Prices vary by ship and sailing date, and space is subject to availability at time of booking Promotion is applicable to select 2004 ships and departures. Blackout dates may apply. Minimum category purchase of 4A is required. Save up to $20 per person on 3 day cruise, up to $50 per person on 4/5 day cruises, and up to $100 per person on 7/8 day cruises. Maximum non-refundable on-bard credit of $20 per stateroom for 3 day cruises, $50 per stateroom for 4/5 day cruises, and $100 per stateroom for 7/8 day cruises. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Rates are capacity controlled and subject to change without notice. Offer is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Offer is valid for new individual bookings only.

We jumped on it today, and hoep we got a good deal. Jan 1st 2005 7 day sailing Eastern Carribean aboard Carnival Triumph. Balcony, plus up grade all the way to the top decks 8E or above. around $800 per person before taxes. Please tell me that's a good deal.

Sylvia

QE2 July 2003

Carnival Pride April 2004

I just spoke with a Carnival PVP, its sale preview day, about prices on the Elation.

I passed on the deal, the prices were more than other agencies. The only plus was a 2 cat upgrade.

I can get a better deal elsewhere.

If anyone finds a great deal thru Carnival please let me know:cool:

Sensation 1997

Monarch of the Sea 1999

I am not a travel agent. But yesterday someone on the board asked a question about the price they found for a cruise. The post has been deleted for I dont know what reason. But I found her Christmas cruise almost 600 dollars cheaper then the one day sale.

Should price around before you book these specials.

Serene, You are so right! I just called BPC and they can price the Great Carnival Sale, they were $300 less;) .

She affirmed it is only a 2 cat upgrade, the prices are the same.

Of course to some this is very important. Not me, looking for the great deal:D

A two category upgrade is not a very good sale unless you have never cruised Carnival before. They will always give a past cruiser a 2 cat upgrade! They have a new sale every month, so I would wait for a good one if you are a past Carnival cruiser. AN to the person who got an 8E on Triumph for 800.00, that is a very good price! A balcony guarantee is going for over 900.00 now.

Just booked for Dec 18th, 2004 on the GLORY!

AWESOME DEAL.

$597.14/pp (4A) & $100 shipboard credit

add my 10% Carnival discount...and I'm cruising for about $537 with $100 to spend!

WOO HOO!

I am not a travel agent. But yesterday someone on the board asked a question about the price they found for a cruise. The post has been deleted for I dont know what reason. But I found her Christmas cruise almost 600 dollars cheaper then the one day sale.

Should price around before you book these specials.

If it's the post I remember, the OP used the PVP's name and that's "forbidden" on this site.

I booked during the one day sale in March. Reading all the posts here, I didn't bother to call my PVP today, but my friend who is going on her first cruise just happened to call today with some questions and all 3 couples in our group were given a price reduction. We got $180 off. I have been checking other sites and can't find a better price.

Sorry Kristi!!!

I thought we were just not supposed to post the TA's name!!!

OK..is this legal??

EPIKURE.....email me and I can help you out with your question.

(is that OK??????? :o )

Just checked the prices on my DEC 19th cruise on the Valor.. used Orbitz to do a spot check on my date and catagory... and LOW AND BEHOLD! CHEAPER! My TA was working nights yesterday.. I gave her a call and I saved another $289 plus she said I would also get a bit of money back on my Insurance fees...

It worked for my on my previously booked trip....

Yippee....

Said Carnival was running a Holiday sale..... IT PAYS TO KEEP AN EYE OUT!

She said that Carnival will honor price changes right up to final payment..

Your TA has no time to check on these deals.. so you must stay alert....

Just checked the prices on my DEC 19th cruise on the Valor.. used Orbitz to do a spot check on my date and catagory... and LOW AND BEHOLD! CHEAPER! My TA was working nights yesterday.. I gave her a call and I saved another $289 plus she said I would also get a bit of money back on my Insurance fees...

It worked for me on my previously booked trip....

Yippee....

Said Carnival was running a Holiday sale..... IT PAYS TO KEEP AN EYE OUT!

She said that Carnival will honor price changes right up to final payment..

Your TA has no time to check on these deals.. so you must stay alert....

I just booked my first Carnival cruise yesterday because my company's travel division had a sale. Is this good? I booked an 8A on the Triumph, they wanted to upgrade me to an 8C, I refused it and took an 8B aft where the balconies are larger (bigger balcony is more important to me than moving up one more deck). Anyway I paid 2058.00 for two includes port and taxes. I couldnt find a better price on several sites yesterday, so I took it.

Also, I read here that CCL honors price drops up through final payment? Would I contact my TA or CCL if I find a better price?

~Intrepid <-- CCL Virgin.... hee hee

Archived