What I wish I knew before taking my first cruise...

chaz cruiser

Hi All,

Found a thread similiar to this on one of the other boards and thought it was a great idea. Time for another topic thread!:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Mine => the sun is extemely hot in the South Pacific and a light swim shirt although it looks nice is useless if you don't put sunscreen on your back. Sunburn hurts and you can't get away without wearing clothes!

Must admit have never made the same mistake again and always make sure I lather on the sunscreen even when wearing a thicker t-shirt.

Ok, bear in mind my first cruise was when i was about 6yrs, don't lock yourself in the toilet and have to climb out over the top!!

Don't go to lunch when you are seasick (Aus/NZ crossing) and get to the stairs and decide you want to bring up lunch!!

Later on the Fairstar when I was at least 18yrs!! Don't drink your bottle of duty free baileys the first night!!! cos you won't remember the next few days!!

Cheryl

Don't book an inside cabin.

I was jealous as all hell walking down the long corridors to our cabin (dark cave) and passing outside cabins with their doors left open and seeing their window with the views of sun and sea.

Never, ever again.

Jenny

>^..^<

Yes brushtail, i agree, but I always end up booking them for the price and hoping for an upgrade!!! I only get upgraded to a higher deck on the inside!! So now I take an alarm clock so I know what time of day it is!

Was very jealous when I saw the DOUBLE OUTSIDE cabins on the Sun, my husband and I had been used to bunks!

Oh, also, don't take your teenage kids, cos they come in later than you!!

Oh, also, don't take your teenage kids, cos they come in later than you!!

Ain't that the truth:eek: . I wouldn't go without him though, or the 2 younger ones. (Unless I was going with girlfriends & leaving them at home with hubby:) )

Karen

Hey Duck,

Yeah, that cruise years ago was a nightmare! Sometimes quality is better than quantity.

Tip No.101: Don't book a cruise with lots of females you don't know that well, too many hormones happening!

Looking forward to a twin cabin Duck!!

I agree, it is addictive, came off my 'once in a lifetime' silver wedding anniversary cruise in May, now have 2 more cruises booked ! a 2 night party cruise in mid dec - should be nice and christmasy, and a 14 night cruise around the Med in June 07

lovin it!

Sue

I wish I had known how crappy the room service food was, then I would never had made that mistake....3 times in a row. :rolleyes:

I wish I had known how about the legendary chocolate shop in Noumea. I didnt find out about it until the ship was sailing away! D'OH! :rolleyes:

I wish I knew that I'd be working a ton of OT to cruise more often. I wish I knew I'd miss feeling the ship rocking and hearing the ocean in the 10 years I refused to cruise and took land vacays instead .

I wish I knew that itinerary as well as ship choices were equally important to me. I wish I knew to read the capers thoroughly so that I didn't miss things.

I wish I knew about the ship on a stick sooner and had the guts to get involved sooner than cruise 3. I just people watched before... now watch out, Im fighting for it!

I wish I knew sooner that you can order alcholic drinks from room service as well as coffee, used to send the hubby up on deck, he's a good guy.

I wish I knew about the ship on a stick sooner and had the guts to get involved sooner than cruise 3. I just people watched before... now watch out, Im fighting for it!

What is the "ship on a stick"??? Sounds interesting!! Must be good if it is worth fighting for!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Chocolate Shop in Noumea????:D Tell me more Plz Tina.

I dont know the name or even where it is but everyone was carrying on about the chocolates were to die for.

It was like a French chocolatier shop with all handmade chocolates...Stop it, I dont wanna talk about it anymore. I'm getting depressed that I missed out. :(

Maybe next time. Look out customs! :cool: ;)

I dont know the name or even where it is but everyone was carrying on about the chocolates were to die for.

It was like a French chocolatier shop with all handmade chocolates...Stop it, I dont wanna talk about it anymore. I'm getting depressed that I missed out. :(

Maybe next time. Look out customs! :cool: ;)

Tina,

I will have to do some research..I live for chocolate, I eat it everyday:o

I don't sail for a while yet but will bring you some back.

Chocolate Shop in Noumea????:D Tell me more Plz Tina.

Ah ha... Found it. The shop is Tortor Jules - Maitre Chocolaiter (Master Chocololate Maker) and is located at 7 Rue du General Mangin.

I've posted a map of Noumea in the File section of the new Yahoo site, the shop is located at ref D3 on this map (symbol H)

Kym

Archived