Balcony Guarantees

kingsleyjr

If you are booking 2 or 3 rooms Bal. Guar. what are the chances they will be next each other? Do any of you have experiences with this? Wold like to do it as it is much cheaper , but not if we will be spread all over the ship.

I agree with the first reply.... the guarantee could be anywhere on the ship. Different decks, different categories, etc.

The experience for me (thankfully) has been a wonderful thing. Four cabins using three different travel agencies all booking Guarantee Balcony and VERY fortunate for us we were assigned to four cabins in a row. Some paid more and some paid less but we had our agancies all link all four reservation numbers. Worked great. I give Carnival a thumbs up for pulling this together.

Good luck.

Now we did not book a balcony guarantee on Inspiration because balconies are only in suites on that ship and was too expensive but we booked an ocean view guarantee which would have been at least the main deck (I forgetwhat number that was) we ended up being upgraded to the empress 2 decks and our friends were like 5 doors away from us which was no biggie- it was convenient but no danger of our hearing them getting lovey-dovey. Personally I don't care if I hear strangers but have no desire at all to hear my friends or for them to hear me as far as that goes.

Okay, Kind of a Long-ish story here. Hope it makes sense!

Booked 4 rooms online for Spirit this past January. 3 balconies (not together), and 1 inside. The 3 balcony rooms were my brothers & their wives, and my friend & I (all same last names). The only ones that didn't have the same last name were the ones in the inside cabin.

When we arrived, we were all upgraded. The 3 balconies were upgraded to suites, & the inside to an outside. The 3 suites were all together. (6179, 6181, 6183) I think they looked @ our last names, and where we were from. What DID get messed up a bit was our dining room arrangements. The couple with the outside cabin were not seated with us. But we went to the Maitre' D and he fixed that for us.

We booked 3 balcony cabin guar. on the Pride 2 years ago in August and we were all upgraded from 8A to 8H andwe were all next to one another. There was another couple who was traveling with us who booked a little later than when we did and although they weren't upgraded next to us, they did bet an awesome extended balcony on the back of the ship. It was a great cabin!

....We only go with the guar. because we have been lucky and I know when you go cruising in the "off" season it is even better!

Archived