msc lirica

Rodbender

My suggestion is to go to the Cruiseclues website and then click on Lirica in the list of ships in the left column. There you will find photos, reviews, etc. Just remember that this is a new line and the changes in the last year since Mr. Sasso was put in charge of American operations have been quite substantial. Thus, reviews from 2005 or reviews of European cruises would not be too valid.

The reviews lately have been getting better and better and I think the majority of reviews are now quite positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Woofhounds, glad to see someone else is going on same cruise, this

is our first ever cruise, both from England. Lets hope someone can give

us a few tips & suggestions on what to do onboard & also with the shore

visits, places of interest etc etc!!

My husband Jim and I [ Eydie] will be on ship Feb, also a friend Al. We are all from San Diego.

This will be our first time on this cruise line. Would love any imformation also.

Yo-

We have been on the 'Lirica' twice - March 2005 and March 2006 - both 11 day cruises the first to the deep Southern Caribbean and the second to the Western Caribbean-

Standard inside and outside cabins run to the small size (about 142 sq ft) and the balcony cabins are much larger and have a tub/shower rather than the stall shower with the attacking shower curtain in the regular cabins-

The ship is the cleanest that we have ever been on and has scored 100 several times on their environmental inspections - it is also very tastefully decorated throughout-

The food is very good and tasteful - the risotto is to die for and is different every night - check to see if they still sell wine by the carafe - it is a true bargain and very good too-

All in all - MSC offers a very good product at a reasonable price - and we will certainly go again on a MSC cruise-eh!

Happy cruisin'

Mike

good morning. I was thinking of going on the 4/18/07 cruise with a singles group on the Lirica. I had a couple of questions. Is it true that they bill in Euros for a caribbean cruise? Is there alternative dining at dinner time in the event you didn't want to go to the dining room? Do they serve water with dinner - strange question but I read on another site that you had to buy bottled water. Are the drinks expensive? I have been primarily on Carnival cruises the last few years. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Yo-

The billing for MSC in the Caribbean is in good old US $ - not euros-

No alternative dining except room service at dinner time-

All the glasses of free water you want at dinner - iced tea too- bottled water available for purchase (but why would anyone want it when the ships water is so darn good?) also - see if the carafes of wine are still available = best wine deal afloat-eh!

Happy cruisin'

Mike

My husband Jim and I [ Eydie] will be on ship Feb, also a friend Al. We are all from San Diego.

This will be our first time on this cruise line. Would love any imformation also.

HI you all....... we used to live in Poway, now on the Front Range of Colorado..we will be on the 2/11 Eastern Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Are you in dogs? If so your name gives you away. (:>}

Leisure Director:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Big change from Poway to Colorado!!!!

Yes I was into big dogs a big way - 20 years of showing - coursing . Now only have a VERY demanding 10 pound poodle and even more demanding 10 pound cat.

Rodbender - where in England ? was there last year and the year before. Have penpal in Derbyshire.

This will be our 14 or so cruise , first time on this line. We are sailing on Feb. 22 . Eydie

My wife and I are taking the Feb 11th sailing on the Lirica. We have been on 4 cruises together, but this will be our first time on this line. Is anyone else taking the Feb 11th cruise? I've read all the reviews and we are looking forward to the Italian style of crusing. I just hope they have a daily Trivia game.

Hi Woofhounds,

Originally from the east coast of England a place called Hull,

Boast the largest single spand bridge in the world at the nearby village

of Hessle.

Hello,

Big change from Poway to Colorado!!!!

Yes I was into big dogs a big way - 20 years of showing - coursing . Now only have a VERY demanding 10 pound poodle and even more demanding 10 pound cat.

Rodbender - where in England ? was there last year and the year before. Have penpal in Derbyshire.

This will be our 14 or so cruise , first time on this line. We are sailing on Feb. 22 . Eydie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
good morning. I was thinking of going on the 4/18/07 cruise with a singles group on the Lirica. I had a couple of questions. Is it true that they bill in Euros for a caribbean cruise? Is there alternative dining at dinner time in the event you didn't want to go to the dining room? Do they serve water with dinner - strange question but I read on another site that you had to buy bottled water. Are the drinks expensive? I have been primarily on Carnival cruises the last few years. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Can eat in at the buffet for $2.00 per person.

Water is served with dinner.

Ship is on USD and not Euro.

Can eat in at the buffet for $2.00 per person.

Water is served with dinner.

They charge you to eat at the buffet?

Yo-

Naw!! - Someone is trying to pull our legs-

Buffet is closed at dinner time (at least it was on our two carribean cruises on the 'Lirica'-eh)

Mike

me & my wife on doing our first cruise on Lirica in Feb 2007

Anyone with information about this ship please let us know

what you thought of it & any useful information for us

thanks

Hi, I was on the Jan. 9th sailing of the Lirica to Panama. The ship is immaculate! The cabins are fairly small, but there is ample wardrobe space. The bathroom is small, and so is the shower. Plenty of hot water all the time. You can regulate the AC/heat. The food is not like a gourmet restaurant, but it is adequate - the menu is quite different from what we Americans are used to. There isn't much entertainment - what they lack in talent is made up in enthusiasm. You will be hearing announcements in several languages, but they are kept at a minimum. I don't know what your destination is, but if you are going the Panama route, you'll find that the islands/countries are quite poor but very interesting.

Hope this has helped you.

Archived