Help With Suites on Saphire

Birdmom

We are new to Princess, but experienced cruisers.

We love the space and aminities of suites, but are confused about the sizes and layouts of the suites on Saphire. The information we have so far is vary limited, not even exact sizes...i.e., range from 400+ to 700+ square feet. We are currently booked in a vista suite on Saphire, number 730 for Austrailia and New Zealand next year. Can anyone tell me about this suite as compared to other suites on the ship?? Does anyone have pictures of suites on Saphire? any help would be appreciated.

We are new to Princess, but experienced cruisers.

We love the space and aminities of suites, but are confused about the sizes and layouts of the suites on Saphire. The information we have so far is vary limited, not even exact sizes...i.e., range from 400+ to 700+ square feet. We are currently booked in a vista suite on Saphire, number 730 for Austrailia and New Zealand next year. Can anyone tell me about this suite as compared to other suites on the ship?? Does anyone have pictures of suites on Saphire? any help would be appreciated.

Two years ago we were upgraded to a suite on the Sapphire B104 which is in the very front of the ship. It was on the port side and it had a wrap around balcony that went to the front of ship. While the suite itself was great the wrap-around balcony was not. While you were at sea the winds were so bad that they locked that part of the door that wrapped around to the front of the ship. Take alook at the deck plan for the Sapphire on the Princess site. You will see these suites on the Baja and Caribe decks. They are at the front, both on the starboard and port sides. I am glad I was upgraded but if I was upgraded again on those suites I would turn them down.

Marilyn

Sailed the Diamond in Cabin D739 (Vista) form Auckland to Sydney, great cabin, but our balcony was essentially useless as there was a horrible garbage smell form a vent near the outside of that cabin...would beware on the same itinerary if Princess can not offload garbage regularly on that itinerary. Princess knew about it as they compensated us immediately (kudos to Princess)

We were in D739, the Vista suite, on the Sapphire the summer of 2005 when we went to Alaska. It is a great suite!! Nice a roomy. There is also a divider that can be closed to give the bedroom a bit more privacy. Had no problems with the balcony and spent quite a bit of time out there.

My favorite part of that room was the tub. I love spa tubs and wanted to take that one home with me...*giggling*.

If you have any specific questions about the room, just let me know.:)

emoki3

hi birdmom you can go to cruiseclues.com and there you will find a ton of pics and other stuff on the sapphire,they may even have pics of your cabin,plus patters and posts etc etc,hope this helps you and have a great trip and let us know how it went with playing with the auzzies:))

Two years ago we were upgraded for the Xmas/New Years cruise in Australia to New Zealand in cabin Caribe 750. It was very nice and spacious and so was the balcony.

I would stay away from the Vista Suites on Dolphin and on Emerald as you will feel more vibration from the propellers.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Archived