Fantastic Galaxy Med and Black Sea Cruise

BillC

Just got back from a 14 night cruise on Galaxy that had a fantastic and very active itinerary.This was our first time on Galaxy,and it is as fine as the other Celebrity ships we've been on.Great food,excellent service, and in fine condition.The itinerary was wonderful, but not much time for resting.Arrived several days early in Rome, and had arranged for a tour for the 12 of us traveling together on Sunday. The guide,Francesca Caruso, was absolutely the BEST guide that we've ever encountered.What insight and knowledge about a city that she obviously loves.On Monday our group rose to 16 so we had arranged with Grassini Bus to provide the transfers to and from the ship.Their rates are about 1/4 of what Celebrity charges for transfers, and their service was top notch.

We particularly enjoyed Santorini,Ephesus,Istanbul,& Naples,but felt a special pride in Constanta and Odessa, where the people make up for the lack of modern infastructure due to the many decades of abuse.In Constanta our excursion stopped in an Orthodox cathedral and was treated to a 45 minute concert by the male chior, a most touching and beautiful performance! The average person may not have much,but they are trying as best they can to get ahead and get into the EU.

Our ship was less than 50% North American, and that seemed to create a high level of colds and upper respiratory problems.This was very noticeable the first night out and it got worse from there.Celebrity went all out to stem it with free medical consultations,serving you all the food and utensils,as well as pouring your drinks and coffee, as well as quaranteeing sick passengers to their rooms.I am convinced that the germs were brought onboard, and due to poor sanitary customs the virus spread rapidly. I was constantly amazed by the number of people who refused to sanitize their hands when returning to the ship,or would cough,spit and sneeze without covering their mouths. On one accasion I observed an oriental gentleman sneeze 3 times into the table containing ice water in the theatre. I alerted the staff and they immediately removed the ice water and cups. On several occasions we had to change our seats on buses to get away from people with very poor sanitary habits. Don't get me wrong,since I am not a "health nut" but I do take care to protect myself and fellow passengers.

Her name is Francesca Caruso, and her E-mail address is chris.fra@mclink.it

Her cell # is 339.261.6482

We did a 3 hour tour of the Colosseum,the Constantine Arch,the Forum, and the Parthenon. It actually took 45 minutes longer since our group was so intrigued with her expertise and presentation style, but she only charged us for 3 hours. She can do tours on just about anything in Rome.

Archived