Where to buy silver on the Mexican Riviera

martinsfo

My family will be crusing the Mexican Riviera in December and we would like to know any good suggestions for good places to buy silver jewerly. We're looking for exquisite quality at fair prices. We will be in Cabo, Acapulco, Zihautaneo, Puerta Vaherta, Mazatlan and La Paz.

the best place to barter,, is definetley Mazatlan in the golden zone... IMO..

all of the ports sell silver. but ive noticed in cabo, they dont come down much on the price, like they do in mazatlan, that was my fav port to shop in,,

once you get off the ship , just have a taxi take you to the golden zone , and when youre done shopping walk right across the street and theres the beach,.,, or you can go to senor frogs !! whooo hoooo

theres also a great shop called Shell City its in mazatlan GREAT PRICES

shark teeth necklaces for like 2$ ,, i went crazy in that place,,,

everything was reasonably priced.....

You'll probably find the best quality and selection in Puerto Vallarta, but you could likely find better deals in Mazatlan - they need the money more because there is less tourism there these days than Cabo and PV. Cabo is pretty overpriced and you have less selection.

Remember if you're buying from a beach vendor paying cash that just because they tell you it's silver doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Paying cash you also have no recourse if you get scammed. If you buy from a store, there are discounts available of up to 40% - 60%, and you can often (but not always) pay with a credit card, so if you get scammed, you have fraud protection. I'd recommend this for any high-dollar purchases.

Archived