Certification Dives while Cruising

Cruisebird

My DH and I will be completing our scuba training and are thinking about doing our certification dives while we are on our next cruise (3/20). This would mean we'd do 2 dives in Curacao and 2 in Barbados.

Would anyone have any recommendation as far as dive shops that could accomodate?

Thanks

My DH and I will be completing our scuba training and are thinking about doing our certification dives while we are on our next cruise (3/20). This would mean we'd do 2 dives in Curacao and 2 in Barbados.

Would anyone have any recommendation as far as dive shops that could accomodate?

Thanks

Hey Cruisebird...I did my certification dives on my cruise this year. Cant help you with Curacao, but I did 2 of my certification dives in Barbados at The Dive Shop LTD - they were wonderful! Did a wreck dive which was awesome. Here is their site:

http://www.divebds.com/index.php

I expressed concern that I would miss the ship so we did our dives early and were back in time to shop in Barbados. They picked us up at the cruise terminal and took us back.

If you use them make sure you understand where to meet at. They pick you up outside the cruise terminal. Thing is, you think your outside the terminal but you have to walk outside of where the officials in the booth are. Can be confusing.

Where from in Ohio? Far north Columbus (Polaris area) here.

We are from Cincinnati area. I was in your neck of the woods just last week. Met my son at Polaris Mall (he lives near Cleveland).

Thanks for the info on Barbados. I'll look into that site. I'm still a little nervous about the whole scuba thing, but I'm excited at the same time.

If I can ask, where else did you go that you dove on your trip?

Sorry if I'm a little slow in getting back to the thread. My internet was down!

We are from Cincinnati area. I was in your neck of the woods just last week. Met my son at Polaris Mall (he lives near Cleveland).

Thanks for the info on Barbados. I'll look into that site. I'm still a little nervous about the whole scuba thing, but I'm excited at the same time.

If I can ask, where else did you go that you dove on your trip?

Sorry if I'm a little slow in getting back to the thread. My internet was down!

We were on the Destiny which went to St Thomas, Barbados, Dominica and Aruba. Which ship are you going on?

I did my other 2 certification dives in St Thomas at Coki Beach Dive Club which was a really good experience too. My son (who is 16 years old) has been certified for 3 years was allowed to dive with me on 3 of the 4 certification dives. The dives were very different in that the Barbados dives were from a boat and the St Thomas dives were from the beach.

I was nervous about my dives too but the divemasters were so nice and really went out of their way to make me feel at ease. I am so glad to be certified now, diving is so much fun and there is so much to see under the surface.

We are on the Sun Princess March 20th. Our favorite ship has always been teh Dawn Princess which is a sister ship. I think we'll probably do Curacao and Barbados for our certification dives. Did you dive at Barbados and if so would you recommend the dive shop you used?

Those are the first 2 ports and I want to get it done. I haven't had so many mixed feelings since I had my first child!!! (Along time ago!)

We were on the Destiny last November. In 17 cruises, it was our least favorite ship. It felt crowded to us. We were on the Legend the year before and it's a fantastic ship.

Have you been diving up at the Great Lakes? We were told that there is some real good sites there....some of the best wrecks around.

Hi,

Cruising 2 June 2007 on Brilliance OTS. Spotted this Post and thought what an amazing thing to do, get your scuba ticket whilst aboard. Our is a 12 night Mediterranean trip.

Does anyone know how exactly to go about this? Should it be arranged 'prior' to travel? It will be our Honeymoon and might be a lovely thing to learn with each other.... if there is enough time?

Any advice very welcome please...

The Mediterranean is a great trip. We did it two years ago!! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and a fabulous honeymoon.

I don't know what your scuba options are in the Med. I believe that RCCL does have a program on board some of their ships that allow you to get certified, but it may be only in the Caribbean. I would just call them and ask. Princess has a similar program (New Waves), but they will not be aboard our 10 day cruise.

Even if you don't scuba on your trip, you will absolutely LOVE the Med. I did a ton of research prior and had most of our excursions planned outside the ship. These boards can give you loads of info on reputable vendors to go with. I strongly recommend them.

Let me know if you have any questions about that trip. I can't say enough about it.

Cruisebird

Archived