Zaandam - 10/22/06

SDHALFAN

Hi Alexborngal (and Al); ASue; Preachers Kid; Preacherskid2; and RoseM: (Just to let you know that I put those in alphabetical order so as not to play favorites:D .)

I just wanted to let you all know what a sensational cruise I had aboard the ms Zaandam (10/22/06-11/01/06) and it was because of all of you. I probably would have had a nice cruise anyway but because I "met" you on the roll call board for this cruise before boarding the ship, and then finally met all of you in person, I actually ended up having a truly sensational cruise. You are without doubt the best shipboard companions I have ever sailed with since I had to start saiing as a "singleton". Thanks a million for your friendship and for making it such a great cruise.

I hope that you all made it home safely. Oh, and just remember that if any of you have anthing nasty to say about me, or try to flame me somwhere down the line, that I have your home address, e-mail address and phone number - so I definitely know where you live.:D

Thanks again so much for making my cruise so much fun - I already miss all of you so much.

Lotsa love - honestly,

Valerie:)

Hi Valerie, and welcome home. Glad you had a brilliant cruise on my favorite ship, the lovely Zaandam. We have cruised on her 6 times and love everything about her. Can`t wait to hear all the goodies about your cruise...........jean:cool:

Hi Alexborngal (and Al); ASue; Preachers Kid; Preacherskid2; and RoseM: (Just to let you know that I put those in alphabetical order so as not to play favorites:D .)

I just wanted to let you all know what a sensational cruise I had aboard the ms Zaandam (10/22/06-11/01/06) and it was because of all of you. I probably would have had a nice cruise anyway but because I "met" you on the roll call board for this cruise before boarding the ship, and then finally met all of you in person, I actually ended up having a truly sensational cruise. You are without doubt the best shipboard companions I have ever sailed with since I had to start saiing as a "singleton". Thanks a million for your friendship and for making it such a great cruise.

I hope that you all made it home safely. Oh, and just remember that if any of you have anthing nasty to say about me, or try to flame me somwhere down the line, that I have your home address, e-mail address and phone number - so I definitely know where you live.:D

Thanks again so much for making my cruise so much fun - I already miss all of you so much.

Lotsa love - honestly,

Hi Valerie :)

Mom and I made it home. Had a great experience at the airport. They really treated us so good there and got us right through security in a snap. We got to mom's house around 3:30 and then packed my luggage in her car and drove down to my house. We sure missed not being able to have our dinner cooked last night!! LOL Woke up to the sound of rain this morning. My grandson was soooooo glad I was home. :)

Mom and I also enjoyed meeting everyone. Sure was nice to see friendly faces of people we knew as we walked through the ship. We want to thank everyone again for the Halloween goodies.

We will miss not visiting with you and having our morning coffee. I hope we all can keep in touch with each other.

Lotsa love - honestly,

It was such a thrill to meet you in person. You are truly a lovely lady and we so enjoyed spending time with you in Mazatlan and having dinner with you every night.

By the way, there is absolutely nothing, but nothing, that anyone can say about you that isn't highly complimentary. You are truly a delightful lady and we are so happy we met you.

Did you get a major royal greeting from Hey Dog? I can just see his tail going a mile a second in welcome.

The dinner I had planned on Wednesday fizzled. Jackie has the tourista (hey, wait a minute, I went to Mexico, not her) and spent all afternoon yesterday hooked to an IV in the ER. We took dinner to Chris squared and had a nice visit. Got a lovely welcome back letter from Nick with pictures showing him waiting at the window for us and then sitting in the basket he planned to have himself shipped in to wherever we were. Very cute.

At the top of my "to do" list is cancelling our December 2007 Hawaii cruise. Al really did not like the Zaandam and wants our next cruise to be on a bigger ship. I'll try to find an Amsterdam itinerary as we really loved her.

A bien tot et avec tout mon amour.

Joan

Hi Valerie...........Miss having coffee with you in the morning!! No one would say anything nasty about you...and I know if they did you would say "that's your problem not mine"!!! Or "it takes one to know one"..

Luvsailing.....I think I know you !!!!! Say hello to Al.

Rosemary :p :p :p :p :p

Hi Valerie...........Miss having coffee with you in the morning!! No one would say anything nasty about you...and I know if they did you would say "that's your problem not mine"!!! Or "it takes one to know one"..

Luvsailing.....I think I know you !!!!! Say hello to Al.

Rosemary :p :p :p :p :p

Luvsailing is my name on my daughter's computer. I wasn't able to get on the boards at her house under Alexborngal so I had to register under a new name. So when you see Luvsailing, I'm at Christine's.

Al says Hi to you and Sue.

I've been reading a lot about Celebrity and I think that will be our next cruise. Al did not like the Zaandam so I'm cancelling our December 2007 Hawaii cruise and will probably go on Celebrity instead. I wish you were going later in the year than March so we would join you. I'm going to be checking for good deals as I really, really want to go Concierge class.

Hope you had a good flight back and are getting adjusted to being home. I'm having a problem - I keep on asking Al when is he going to fix my appetizer, cold soup, salad, entree and dessert? From the way he looks at me I don't think it's going to be any time soon. We had Chinese last night and leftover Chinese tonight. A very rude awakening.

Love,

Joan

Sorry for the delay in answering - I have been busy printing out photographs to send to all of you. I got some good shots so now all I have to do is go buy some envelopes to mail them.

Rosemary and Sue: I'm so glad that you had a good experience at the airport and that you both made it home safely. I also miss our morning coffees and chats, and our Lido lunches.

Joan, ma chere: you really had me going with that "Luvsailing" monicker: I couldn't figure out who this woman was that was so glad to have met me and then you mentioned "Hey Dog" and I knew it had to be you. I have a couple of nice photos of you and Al, and Mazatlan Frank in Mazatlan. What a fun day that was and what a nice man Frank is. You think you have it tough when it comes to dinner choices? I want to thank all of you for buying me dinner on Wednesday night since I had Halloween Candy for dinner:D . I defrosted a steak but was just too lazy to cook it (Lord, how lazy can one person be? Well, you know me!!!:rolleyes: ).

No word yet from the Preacher's kids but I imagine that they are still having a ton of fun catching up with each other's lives. If I had had a sister I would love to have had one like them, even if Karenlynne gets a little bossy at times (it's okay for me to say that because I already told her she's the bossy one and Marsha is the nice one - they both agreed with me:D).

What a sensational group you are, and thanks once again for making my cruise one of the best ever.

Love,

Sorry for the delay in answering - I have been busy printing out photographs to send to all of you. I got some good shots so now all I have to do is go buy some envelopes to mail them.

Rosemary and Sue: I'm so glad that you had a good experience at the airport and that you both made it home safely. I also miss our morning coffees and chats, and our Lido lunches.

Joan, ma chere: you really had me going with that "Luvsailing" monicker: I couldn't figure out who this woman was that was so glad to have met me and then you mentioned "Hey Dog" and I knew it had to be you. I have a couple of nice photos of you and Al, and Mazatlan Frank in Mazatlan. What a fun day that was and what a nice man Frank is. You think you have it tough when it comes to dinner choices? I want to thank all of you for buying me dinner on Wednesday night since I had Halloween Candy for dinner:D . I defrosted a steak but was just too lazy to cook it (Lord, how lazy can one person be? Well, you know me!!!:rolleyes: ).

No word yet from the Preacher's kids but I imagine that they are still having a ton of fun catching up with each other's lives. If I had had a sister I would love to have had one like them, even if Karenlynne gets a little bossy at times (it's okay for me to say that because I already told her she's the bossy one and Marsha is the nice one - they both agreed with me:D).

What a sensational group you are, and thanks once again for making my cruise one of the best ever.

Love,

Hi Valerie. Thanks for the pictures. I can't wait to see them. I will also print pictures and will send them to you in a few days.

The sisters are spending time together until today and I'm sure they're having a total blast, knowing them. We probably won't hear from them for a few days.

Haven't heard from Mazatlan Frank which surprises me as I would have thought he would drop a line about how much he enjoyed being with us. Haven't seen Al's kids to give them the tiles yet. Merci pour le tien.

So here it is Friday night and we have to figure out what to do about dinner. How much nicer it was when all we had to figure out was what should we order (sigh).

Love.

Joan

Hi :)

Have a few nice pics to that I'll get printed up soon. Had to work today !!! :( Stopped at the grocery store trying to decide what to fix for the grandson and I for dinner. Got a frozen pizza and a frozen dinner from Clamp Jumpers. LOL How lazy is that????? Grandson is happy to have me home. He said he missed my cooking. LOL Took him to his Boy Scout meeting last night and everyone was waiting to hear how the cruise went. They said all they could think about was Hurricane Paul. Told them I slept right through it. Thank goodness for Ginger Tabs. LOL Got my suitcases all unpacked and laundry all done. Tomorrow is a total rest day for me. My other grandson had his 15th birthday on Wed. so I owe him his "Special Birthday" dinner on Sunday. He has picked BBQ'd Spareribs, baked potatoes and Pumpkin pie for dessert. Although I thought the beds were comfy on the ship there sure is nothin like your own bed. I'm still rocking alittle when I stand still for a little bit. LOL

Miss all of you !!!! And we have RAIN !!! LOL

Hi you guys !!!!!

Just doing a little drive by to say hi to everyone. Sure do miss sitting out in the pool area having my coffee and bread pudding. All is well here. Trying to get back into the everyday routine. I'd rather be cruising !!!!!! I got whatever mom caught on the ship. Geez I was sick !! In bed for 3 days. Still not feeling 100% yet. Family is glad I'm home, they said they missed my cooking. LOL Sure they did !! They missed me not taking care of them. LOL

Hope everyone is well.

Archived