Cabin Advice, Summit 7176 vs. CC

almost newlywed

Hi all-

My sweetie and I are booking our honeymoon cruise (yay!) about Summit this summer to Alaska. We managed to score what we think will be a fab room (after scouring the boards for fantastic clues), since it had a larger balcony.

However, we also noticed there are a few CC cabins nearby that have opened up. Is it worth the extra $$? I know Alaska has tender ports...is the prefered tendering a big enough deal to make it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ali

Hi all-

However, we also noticed there are a few CC cabins nearby that have opened up. Is it worth the extra $$? I know Alaska has tender ports...is the prefered tendering a big enough deal to make it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ali

I don't think preferred tendering by itself is a major perk. Below are my comments from a past cruise review ("Wicked witch Century" ) on this point.

CONCIERGE CLASS – What’s it like?

AT LAST – my first complaint. I was looking forward to my ‘Concierge priority tender” treatment, anticipating a much more elegant tendering experience – no more ordinary “butt-cheek to butt-cheek” tendering for me! I looked forward to a sophisticated Concierge-class derriere-cheek-to-derriere-cheek tendering. What in fact happened was that we took our Concierge priority tender derrieres down to the regular butt-cheek assembly area in the theater and were just bumped ahead of all the regular butt-cheeks to the next tender. So, hopes shattered, ego deflated, my concierge class derriere ended up smooshed against the regular butt-cheeks on the tender. An obvious solution would be to rename concierge class to ‘derriere class’ to distinguish the sophisticates. In fact, a ‘derriere class’ passenger should be able to jump any waiting line on the ship by striding to the front, declaring, “I’m a derriere!”

I would go for it if you can score a primo CC like one of the aft cabins or the bigger ones tucked between the penthouse suites for a reasonable price....but I wouldn't trade my bigger balcony for a regular CC unless it was dirt cheap and you're into hors doeuvres and bathrobes.

Has anyone counted the CC Cabins and Suites and then the "normal class" cabins?

From looking very briefly at the deck plans it works our that half the passengers get the extras and the other half dont. Therefore my point is how to you gain from priority tendering? If all the posher people tried to get off at the same time would that leave us plebs ages to wait for their tenders once they had got off?

Just a thought.

Has anyone counted the CC Cabins and Suites and then the "normal class" cabins?

From looking very briefly at the deck plans it works our that half the passengers get the extras and the other half dont. Therefore my point is how to you gain from priority tendering? If all the posher people tried to get off at the same time would that leave us plebs ages to wait for their tenders once they had got off?

I have seen instructions for those with ship's tours to meet at 1 public room, the "priority" folks (concierge, and certain CapnsClub, suite pax) assemble at another and the rest meet in theater. The ships-tour folks are looked out for due to tour times. In one Med port, they walked the priority pax off to one bus area, others to different bus holding area. (there were over about 400 'priority' on board - and they knew it and were expecting some preferential treatment) There are limits with tendering on how fast they can transfer (they smoosh about 100 butts together per tender) and pax can only move so fast clamboring onto tender. We now often do our own thing in port so we intentionally so slow with wakeup, breakfast and wait for early crowds to off-load - we're on vacation after all. The biggest ongoing benefit I see for 'priority' status is FINAL disembarkation priority to get earliest start back to one's 'real' life.

Archived