Well Ive Booked 20/10/2007 , Ive Got Questions!!!

medicalman

Hi all,

well ive taken the plunge and booked uor first cruise!we are going on a seven night western cruise and we ahve been given stateroom 2564 is this a good cabin?

my daughter will be ten when we go i have looked at the disney site and there seems lots for her to do any

Suggestions?

another question i have is the food question we have gone for the second sitting after reading some reports ,but is there food available allday?can you eat when you want? are there free drinks for children?

what do i do to try and get an upgrade at port?i will pay of course.

thanks

medicalman

Howdy,

your room should be just fine. I have looked and it is NOT on the noisy room list. we have stayed on deck 2 before and it was great there, nice and quiet because the only people walking there ar epeople staying on deck2. Where on other decks you have people heading for the clubs, kids clubs, movie theater which can add a lot of noise to your area.

You daughter will have her own Navigator paper that lists things to do each day. making Flubber is a big hit with her age group. They also have a pizza party, movie party, and much more. She will get to keep the flubber and bring it home.

upgrades you ask about when you check in and they will advise you if any are available and how much more it will cost you.

Food is NO problem. Room service is free, tip is expected but not required. Just keep a couple ones in a drawer for tips.

On deck 9 there is a drink station that is 24 hours and it has coke products, hi c, water, milk, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, there are lids fo rthe cups so you can grab and drink and take with you where ever you are going. I fyou order pop from a lounge or bar you will be charged to it!! I tis only free in the restaurants and on dexk 9 drink station.

Also on deck 9 there is goofy's galley which has fresh fruits, wraps, pastas, all free. ice cream dispenser is just behind goofy's galley for a quick snack. self serve.

Then by the other side of the Mickey pool there are burgers, fries, chips, checken sandwiches, chicken strips, sometimes mexican foods too, then by the family pool is pinocchio's pizza where you walkup ad ask for pizza. All these foods are free. They are open most

of the day the exact times will be listed in your Navigator.

Buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and also all but 2 nights for dinner.

so between all os the restaurants, room service and fast foods you wont want for food.

Also extra snacks for sale at preludes which is open at show time by the walt disney theater in the evenings. But dont buy pop there, just go to the drink stationa nd grab a pop and take with you, everyone does, no point in paying if you dont have to.

also late night snacks are outside the clubs around 11 or 11:30 I believe.

Plus a certain times there are chip and salsa in the Promenade lounge and in diversons they often have hot dogs or other snacks available, all free.

Your daughter will have a blast, she is a the perfect age to get a lot oit of the trip. There is apirate party where everyone is told they can dress as a pirae, tha tis adults too!! Many do this. You go to dinner dressed as a pirate and then the party is late around 9:45 p.m. with music, dancing, characters, fireworks, buffet on deck and then they play the Pirates of the caribbean movie on the outdoor movie screen. It is a highlight of the trip, so dont miss it.

You will be given pirate bandanas at dinner to wear(free) and your menu will be on a pirate treasure map, also a souvenir to keep.

Hope this helps some, please ask if you have anymore questions. i did the Western last year and we are going on the Eastern later this month, it will be dcl cruise #13 for us, so I do have some experience on the ship with all ages.

mom x4,grandma x4

Medical Man - DH, DS (6yr) and DD (10 yr) will also on the Feb 10, 2007 cruise! There are tons of things to do. Pick up the Passporter Disney Cruise Guide they have some great information. DH and I have also been reading a lot of these message boards. They are also full of great information.

Your daughter should have a blast. There are treasure hunts, science experiments, movies, star watching, etc. We are looking into the Swim with the Dolphins in Cozumel . . . DD has always wanted to swim with the dolphins.

If your daughter is interested in making a friend prior to the trip, let me know.

hi there hinsok1,

thanks for the reply and it would have been great for our children to have chatted online before the cruise , but i have put the cruise date in english, we go on the 20th october 2007 and i would put that as 20/10/2007 and in the states it would be 10/20/2007 which we both know does not exist , so thank you very much for the offer and i hope you enjoy your time on-board

medicalman

Archived