Rosie's tour in Acapulco

dpspa

Looking to take tour of Acapulco with Rosie. Heard so much about her on CC. I feel comfortable having her just take us around the but DW is concerned about safety because it will be just us.Need feed back on people whom been on one of her tours. Thanks

Rosie is one of the many professional tour-guides in Acapulco ... and, rest assured, you folks should have no concern/worry about safety issues while touring this wonderful city (no matter who your guide happens to be - so long as it's someone who's known/recognized in that arena). Unless otherwise arranged/requested, the places/attractions you'll be taken to are all on the "tourism circuit" - and you should experience no uneasiness at all. Have a great time in Acapulco!

RonVal

Rosie books up early so email her quickly. We emailed her about 5 months in advance and she was already booked!!! She offered us to go with her husband, Arturo. He was excellent. So, if she is booked, ask about Arturo. The tour was perfectly safe. The best thing is to go on the Roll Call and try to find others to go with you. We had a group of 8 all from the Roll Call board and we had a fabulous time!!! The more you have the cheaper.

Cruising Boomer

Rosie books up early so email her quickly. We emailed her about 5 months in advance and she was already booked!!! She offered us to go with her husband, Arturo. He was excellent. So, if she is booked, ask about Arturo. The tour was perfectly safe. The best thing is to go on the Roll Call and try to find others to go with you. We had a group of 8 all from the Roll Call board and we had a fabulous time!!! The more you have the cheaper.

Cruising Boomer

We booked directly with Rosie, she got us on a tour that she already had scheduled, turned out to be from Cruise Critics, they had extra seats available and filled them with more CC. We had a great time, never had any fears. Tour with Rosie with confidence.

If you do go with Rosie or her husband Arturo, just make certain you're the one deciding on the itinerary and that you don't get trapped into spending lots of time in their home, with friends who'll try to sell you things or with them sitting next to you at a restaurant expecting you to pick up the tab. If you want to do those things, fine. If not, speak up. Rosie and Arturo and about 7 or 8 other drivers are popular in Acapulco and i don't think you need to worry about your safety when using them; these people want to protect themselves, too, and aren't likely to lead you into insecure areas. Enjoy the visit!

How long does Rosie's tours usually take ...I know you can specify a time linit but if we want to see most of the sights how long should we plan for?

Anyone else have the same experiences as "gomexico" did with friends & family of Rosie?

I insisted on buying Rosie's lunch, and I had to insist as she told me several times "you don't have to do that". At her parents home no one tried to sell us anything, just proudly showed us their "spread". Yes, at some of the shops vendors do try to sell you, but Rosie won't let them get pushy. At Senor Frogs the owner does take your pictures and offers to sell them to you (now where else on a cruise does that happen). Having it put on a Corona label is neat, overpriced at $12.50 US, but a neat souvenier. (yes, I got one) Her "standard" tour for us (no one had any special requests) lasted from 9 am until about 4 pm or so. Cliff

Archived