best beach in each port

can'twait2cruise1

2 years ago this was THE most beautiful beach. And one that didn't try to nickel & dime you to death. Free to get a chair/umbrella (not so at all beaches), $5 band got you snorkel gear (w/ deposit), rafts & kayaks. BEAUTIFUL--great food, service, Sol beer. We got CHEAP GOOD massages, henna tattoos. Really hoping it is just as beautiful after last year's hurricane! Catch taxi at port...inexpensive travel.

Costa Maya is very small port. I THINK the only beach is at the port...but don't quote me on that one. Nice little port area w/ shops (PUSHY) restaurants. We took Mayan ruin tour there and loved it.

Have heard those who love Belize. My mom said Gr. Cayman is gorgeous. Known for tame stingrays.

Happy cruising!

Kris

Seven Mile Beach is an excellent beach area in Grand Cayman,however the prices to eat in the beach bar restaurants are outrageous. In March 2006 we had a light lunch consisting of a Conch appetizer (highly overrated), 2 Burger platters, a Coke and 2 beers and the tab was almost $45 USD !!! Great beach though,clean large enough to be uncrowded and a great view. Hope this helps you out !:cool:

I absolutely loved Belize. You can snorkel off the reefs there, but you will need a shore excursion (through the ship or otherwise) to do it. Carnival had a Catamaran Snorkel excursion, plus some other one where they pulled the boat right up alongside the ship- I think it was "Goff's Cay Excursion"- GREAT because it saves you the annoying tender trip.

We went cave tubing- awesome. We used Reggie from A-1 Tours (I just googled him and came up with ten plus cruise reviews, but not his site, which appears to be down). You will see tons of buses lined up for cave tubing and you can grab one then, OR you can book with the ship.

To be honest, I hated Grand Cayman. I think it can easily handle two cruise ships- not FIVE, as was the case when we were there. Hot, sweaty, red faced Americans jaywalking and yelling at their kids: welcome to Cayman. How about a $100 Swatch? Welcome to Cayman. Looking for rude post office personnel? Cayman.

Don't know how many ports you are going to, but it it's four, I would stay on the nice, empty ship at GC and relax... you can have fun watching all the other people sweltering at the dock waiting for tenders.

In Costa Maya, just grab a taxi ($3 ea.) or take the walk down the beach to Majahual. It is a beautiful beach. (check out my pictures for the beach there and the Paradise Beach in Cozumel.)

GC has beautiful beaches, but if you haven't swum with the stingrays - it is a fabulous excursion!

We went on a catamaran trip to a place called Water Caye (I think) in Belize. It was unbelievable. Completely undeveloped -- they had bathrooms, lounge chairs, some umbrellas -- that's about it. Completely opposite from Cozumel. We had a great day and the beach was great.

We hooked up with this trip in the port. Wish I could remember the name of the outfit. Don't stay on the ship in Belize as so many do because they are afraid. There are a lot of things to do. Just do your homework!

I will be on the miracle in 2 days and I'm wondering which beach to go to in each port' date=' grand cayman, cozumel, belize, and costa maya? I've heard that the water in belize is dirty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just me and my DH, maybe a teenager or two[/quote']

In Grand Cayman I loved Rum Point. I did this with an excursion with Nativeway that included stingray city, a reef snorkel and then Rum Point. I enjoyed the loungechair and my teen age DD enjoyed the water :)

In Cozumel I think that Paradise Beach is a great family place. You can grab a taxi from the pier. All the same fun ammenities as Playa Mia (where the cruise hip tours go) but less crowded although still enough people for the teens to make friends.

I loved Goffs Caye in Belize. One of my few cruiseline excursions but definetly one I would do again. The snorkeling was fabulous and the water was beautiful.

In Costa Maya I loved grabbing a ride and heading to Majahual. Beautiful beach. Lots of choices for food/beverage/entertainment.

It would be easy to help if we knew what cruise you are on so we could suggest some of the excursions....

Grand Cayman is by far one of the most beautiful Islands you will ever visit. Someone tlked poorly about it and I will let that go...leave the downtown area. You can rent a car in GC very cheap and tour the Island yourself. I would recommend Rum Point if you have a car. Otherwise do the Stingray tour on an excursion. 7 mile beach is nice but populated.

Cozumel....definately go to Pacific beach. Unless you want to snorkel and this would be a good place to do that. You can spend the day at PB and have everything that you need right there. Then after head into town do a bit of shooping and make a stop at Carlos & Charlies; its a fun bar (even if you don't drink) and they have decent food.......and ata great price.

Costa Maya is quite small. We did an excursion which was nice (snorkel) and then spent the other half od the day at the pool area. The ships have a pier that they maintain and have a pool, several bars and all sorts of shops (very pricey) also does some local shows.

Belize, Definately do an excursion on this Island. The town area is dirty and not so nice. But as soon as you go out and visit the other many areas.....you will think you have left Belize! Beautiful and will be one of your favorites.

Hope that helped a bit.

Archived