Champagne in cabin on arrival

Mintty Girl

I tried that once. It wasn't waiting. Had to remind the room steward. Of course, the steward on that particular cruise was not a very good one so it could have been the steward. We found that just ordering it as soon as you get on board works pretty well.

On recent cruises, they put a notice/gift certificate type card in stateroom specifying what you had received from the pre-order form. Then you call room service. On our Mexican cruise it took forever to get, room service was very busy.

I just got back on a cruise where i pre-ordered the champagne. Yes, they leave a little gift note and a message to call room service or take it to the dining room. We called room service and it took about 30-40 mins to get there. If you want it for sailing, make sure you call for it before the muster drill, or you might not have it in time.

We've tried this several times for wine and liquor (before they discontinued it) and never got it in the room until later in the evening or the next day. Now we just take it with us to be sure.

Archived