FLL tranfers to Port of Miami

moncrystal

We are not taking Celebritys transfers to the ship, but the bus has to wait until its full before leaving. I don;t think we have arrived before 11:00 am. I never really thought about what time the first one leaves for Miami.

What time does you plane get in?

Since the X buses wait until they are full, if you are in a rush, I'd look for my own transportation. There is the super shuttle, we have always used Holland Limosine for our trips.

Rick, I'll be looking for a car to take me from Miami Airport to FLL (near Dania Beach) next March. How did you get on with Holland Limousine? I may give them a go.

Thanks.

Phil

slotaddict,

We are getting in the day before, as never fly in the day of the cruise, just in case. We're just debating renting a car and driving to MIA (rental car shuttle to port) and taking a a tranfer back from MIA after the cruise or doing a transfer both ways.

Out of curiousity, what would the limo service cost and do they pick you up from the port.

Maurice

Rick, I'll be looking for a car to take me from Miami Airport to FLL (near Dania Beach) next March. How did you get on with Holland Limousine? I may give them a go.

Thanks.

Phil

Phil,

Sorry about the delay. http://www.hollandlimousine.com/

They have been great every time we've used them. Even 4 days after Hurricane Wilma

You can catch the Tri-Rail from FLL to the transfer station, pick up the Metrorail, to the Metromover, to the Miami Marketplace. Take taxi to port. Total price for the rail service $3.25 Total time approx. 50-55 min.

Though this can be done I wold think you would have to be a "romangladiator"

to schlep your luggage via this route, sorry couldn't pass that up.

• 4 weeks later...

We are using ABC Limo for transportation from FLL to Miami, the evening before the cruise. We are arriving after midnight, so the price is a little more than it would be during the day. We are paying $157, and were upgraded to a super stretch!

Most limo services were comparable in price, we went with one we felt had a good reputation amongst cruisers.

good luck!:)

For our next cruise we are planning to fly to FLL the day before, stay at a hotel in the FLL area and take a limo from that hotel to Port of Miami the following morning. Does anyone know of a limo service that will pick you up at a hotel instead of the airport?

For our next cruise we are planning to fly to FLL the day before, stay at a hotel in the FLL area and take a limo from that hotel to Port of Miami the following morning. Does anyone know of a limo service that will pick you up at a hotel instead of the airport?

The service that Rick recommended above will do this and you can arrange it over their website. I've booked the other way around, but it was $68.75 plus $10 meet and greet which of course you won't need. Not sure if a taxi would be cheaper. Probably not much and I like to have it all booked beforehand.

Phil

The service that Rick recommended above will do this and you can arrange it over their website. I've booked the other way around, but it was $68.75 plus $10 meet and greet which of course you won't need. Not sure if a taxi would be cheaper. Probably not much and I like to have it all booked beforehand.

Phil

Thank you, Phil, for responding to my post :)

Phil,

Sorry about the delay. http://www.hollandlimousine.com/

They have been great every time we've used them. Even 4 days after Hurricane Wilma

I just booked through them this morning for our March Millenium cruise (MIA to Port Everglades). Thanks for the info Rick. The reservation was very easy and can't beat the price we got for 4 people since we had to upgrade to the larger Limo. :)

Thanks again!!

• 5 months later...

We booked air and cruise through Celebrity for our cruises on the Zenith, everything was taking care of, no problem of transfert or anything else.

So we did it again for our next cruise on the Constellation, especially because I did not want to stay in Fort Lauderdale, there nothing much to do for us close to port or airport.

Next Cruise

Celebrity - Constellation- FLL March 2008 :)

Past Cruises

Celebrity - Zenith - Newark Oct 2006 :)

Celebrity - Zenith - Jacksonville Feb 2005 :)

HAL - Zuiderdam - FLL March 2003 :mad:

Celebrity - Century - FLL April 2002 :)

You can catch the Tri-Rail from FLL to the transfer station, pick up the Metrorail, to the Metromover, to the Miami Marketplace. Take taxi to port. Total price for the rail service $3.25 Total time approx. 50-55 min.

I have done that trip three times. (when I travel SOLO) It is not a bad trip, it just takes awhile with all the transfers. The most expensive part of the deal is the taxi ride. I missed the shuttle bus last go round and the taxi was a $12 fare (with tip)

There are much better options out there and I will not be doing the rail/taxi thing again.

Rich :cool: :cool:

transfers or shuttles from Ft Lauderdale to Miami port. Please, somebody give me some basic information. We will be cruising 2-4-08 and would rather fly into Ft Lauderdale than Miami. Flying in 2-3-08 staying at a hotel then either renting a car or some other mode of transportation to Miami the following morning. I would be very grateful if someone could help me out. I know we want the simplest way to do this. A limo for $150 is a little steep.

Thanks in advance.

Archived