Muster time

madhouseinc

I have read so many threads that now I cannot remember where I saw the information on who to tell of my disbility issue. I cannot to the steps - if I take it nice and slow I can usually go up, but down - forget it. Who do I tell? I seem to remember the elevators coming into play on it.

Hi Madhouseinc. Before Muster I go to the Front Desk and tell them to put me on their list of disabled/help required list.

I also find out where my station is to be (on back of your door). I leave a few minutes early and go to the closest bar. I wait for the signal then go to where they are holding it. It's on deck for RCCL, in a lounge for Princess.

I do the drill. When the drill is over, there is usually a staff member near the elevator so that you can get on and go back to your room to get rid of the lifejecket. Then it is time for the vacation to begin.

I would check your table assignment shortly after boarding too. Just to make sure you can handle it. The waiters may ask if you would like to give them your cane. This way it won't fall and someone trip during the meal. If the assignment is not to your liking (too hard to get to or around) then ask for a new table for your group. In my five cruises I have changed my table twice.

Have fun.

Archived