Ground Transfers

bottledweller

We had a bad experience with the ground transfers we purchased through Carnival. We sat in the airport inhaling exhaust fumes for 2 hours while the bus waited for all the flights to come. We were the last ones to board the ship. We were starving having left home at 6am and couldn't get anything to eat for some time after boarding because they had already started muster.Crew members were asking us why we didn't have our life jackets with us. Next time we get a cab.

This has happened to me using Princess ground transfers also. While waiting for hours, watching people hop into cabs for the 10 minute trip to the port, I imagined all the people already on board eating lunch and drinking their first tropical drink. I vowed never to use a cruise line transfer again.

That happened to us in Orlando. Not that long waiting in the bus but getting on the ship very last minute. We decided to find the good in it. Good points were didn't have to find the car rental at the airport, figure out the way to get to the port, didn't take wrong roads and get lost, no hassle finding the car rental to turn car back in, didn't have to wait for a shuttle to get from rental to ship and was on the ship in our cabin in less than 15 minutes. Carnival employees walked us through the entire check-in. I'm sure to keep us moving. Worked out fine in the end, but being a little earlier to walk around would have been nice too.

Happy cruising!

Kat

Archived