ATV Tours on Dominica

greatadventure

On my recent Carnival Cruise, we stopped in Dominca. Prior to leaving, we heard of a company called Highride Adventures where you can take ATV tours in the hills of Dominica. I contacted them at http://www.highriders.cwdom.dm for more information, and received a reply from Melanie Winston, one of the owners. They offer 1 and 2 hour rides, and they pick you up right at the ship. I would like to say that the tour was ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS!!! In fact, it was the most fun I’ve had since I took a tour cable swinging in Costa Rica. This company had a small practice area where we received instruction on how to operate the ATV, and we had plenty of time to practice before the tour. The path we took went through beautiful trees, past mountains, part of which were hidden by clouds (it rained intermittently that day, but we did not care). Parts of the trail also went up hill, and there were some fairly steep downhill areas. We were also able to go fast at certain parts, which satisfied the speed demon in me!!! We were given rain boots and helmets, and if needed, there were rain coats and pants. The trail was a little muddy at points, but that was all part of the fun. Again, I have done adventure tours all over the world and this was definitely one of the best I’ve been on. I accessed the website for Highride Nature Adventures at http://www.avirtualdominica.com/highrideadventures/.

Archived