Moped in Belize & Safety

purplechic7106

Hi there,

My husband and I have previously rented a moped in Cozumel and had the best time. Does anyone know if they are available in Belize and if it is safe to drive off and explore on your own. (Obviously exercising common sense of course...I do recognize we will be in a foreign country!) We will be stopping there in Feb '07.

Any advice/feedback any of you previous visitors have to Belize is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

We just returned from the Carnival Legend, we vistited Panama, Costa Rica & Belize, the ship warned us not to rent mopeds, jet skis or even parasail from any port on our itinerary. They said "fatalities", and that is all we needed to hear. It was our 6th cruise and the only one that we were ever warned about this kind of activity at port. These countries are poor and not much for traffic laws, we were scared even on a big bus. I learned a lot on this message board before our trip so just giving back what ever I can.

Archived