Royal Family Suites on Mariner or other Voyager Class ship

Typically, if you're in a nice cabin, you will not get many, if any, if even a nice response on this board. Seems like the inside hole dwellers run rampant around here.

The suites are great. Got to love the extra room, the balconies and all of the amenities you will have paid for.

Have a great trip.

Thanks to you both for responding. I didn't realize when I posted this question that there are only 4 Royal Family Suites on the Voyager class ships. So, I'm sure photos will be hard to come by. I did see the virtual picture on the R.C. website. It gives me a great idea of what the cabin will look like. Thanks

I realize now how very lucky I am to have snagged one. We had a junior suite and two D2 balcony cabins booked already on the Mariner, but then a couple of my travel companions dropped out and new ones added....so we had people going who don't know others, etc and figured we couldn't put strangers in a cabin alone. Then had the idea to upgrade to a bigger, better room that could accommodate everyone. Our TA said all of the family suites were sold out. I happened to phone R.C. to double check and R.C. said they had one available! What luck. So now we will have 6 women in the Family Suite and 2 others down the hall in a D2 balcony cabin. I'm so excited.

(It is the best way to afford the cabin because we are all only paying the fare for 1 person......if any of us had to pay for our entire family, we couldn't afford to get the Family Suite.....this is a girls-only trip)

Actually, this morning I had a thought....I'm sailing on the Mariner in November with my girlfriends, but in Sept I'm taking my children on the Voyager, (inside cabin...yuck). I'm sure that upon boarding the Voyager I could run down to the Family Suites and ask the cabin steward if I could take a quick peek and pictures if the current passengers haven't checked in yet.

So, now that I've told you both my life story...thanks again and happy cruising!

Get out there!

My family will be in the RFS on the Mariner in October and you can be sure that I'll take lots of pics, because, like you, I've had a tough time finding any pics that are not taken from RCCL's website. I'd like to have some "real" pics to go by. I should have them up before you leave for you Mariner trip. Enjoy it with all of the "Girls". I'd love to get away like that someday!

Typically, if you're in a nice cabin, you will not get many, if any, if even a nice response on this board. Seems like the inside hole dwellers run rampant around here.

The suites are great. Got to love the extra room, the balconies and all of the amenities you will have paid for.

Have a great trip.

Here this person is knocking the nasties and what do they do? They go down to the nasty's level and worse. They are not only a nasty but a snobbish nasty at that. Hopefully they arn't one of the guys here who complain about $700 bar bills and "sneak" alchol on board. I am never jealous of anyone else's good fortune. I love cruising-I have never had a suite- most of the time I go for an oceanview but I have also done inside and balconies. I have loved them all-as long as I am on ship I don't care-put me in a deck chair if need be just let me on ship.

That was really a super idea to split that with 6 of you. Maybe I will look into that.

My family will be in the RFS on the Mariner in October and you can be sure that I'll take lots of pics, because, like you, I've had a tough time finding any pics that are not taken from RCCL's website. I'd like to have some "real" pics to go by. I should have them up before you leave for you Mariner trip. Enjoy it with all of the "Girls". I'd love to get away like that someday!

Triplemom3 - could you also take pictures of the bathrooms and closets? It would be much appreciated :)

Here this person is knocking the nasties and what do they do? They go down to the nasty's level and worse. They are not only a nasty but a snobbish nasty at that. Hopefully they arn't one of the guys here who complain about $700 bar bills and "sneak" alchol on board.

Don't recall knocking any "nasties", just call 'em like I seem 'em. Sorry if I struck a chord. :confused:

I could only wish the bar tabs were $700 and no I don't "sneak" ALCOHOL (note the extra "o") on board. Still, staying on topic suites are the best way to enjoy a cruise, if it's within your budget.

Oh, and there's an "e" in aren't.

Kath,

No problem with taking the pics, I just might need some computer help getting them on the web, but if worse comes to worse, I can just email them to you. Just don't forget this thread so I know who's looking for the pics. :D

Thank you paylady for the great link

Triplemom3: I would so appreciate you posting pictures of your RFS when you return from the Mariner. We are so excited about that cabin, it is going to be a long hard wait until November. A sneak peek and a review from you would be great. I'm also curious about the added "perks" if any.....I've read that afternoon snacks are automatically delivered to the suites...such a choc. covered strawberries, cheese platter, etc. You'll have to let me know if that is so.

Momofmeg: During my previous sailings I've had an oceanview room, balcony room, and inside cabin. I go with whatever I can afford. I usually alternate cheaper cabin one time, expensive cabin next time. (Girl-only vacation is the one I spend the most $$ on). I agree with you....just give me a deck chair and a cocktail and I'm fine.

Again, thanks for all of the replies.

Don't recall knocking any "nasties", just call 'em like I seem 'em. Sorry if I struck a chord. :confused:

I could only wish the bar tabs were $700 and no I don't "sneak" ALCOHOL (note the extra "o") on board. Still, staying on topic suites are the best way to enjoy a cruise, if it's within your budget.

Oh, and there's an "e" in aren't.

Sorry crisland a typo I did not catch. Somehow I hit both keys next to each other. Normally I check and clean up my mess- guess I missed that one. Have no problem with you knocking nasties I hate the hateful posts-the only good I see out of them is maybe these people take out their frustrations on messageboards instead of abusing children or other violence. The point I was making was your post came off on the same level as a nasty and you proved it again by remarking on my spelling. But like I said if it keeps you from doing violence to others go ahead and hit me with both fists I am a big girl I can take it.

Archived