1st year birthday onboard Wonder -Question?

yusi50

Hi,

I have read that DCL will provide a cake at the table for birthday's celebrations. Do you know if I can buy a cake somewhere onboard and sing happy birthday to my daughter somewhere other than the dinning room? As I mentioned, she will be 1 year old while onboard the Wonder (3 night - Feb 1) and we have late seating, I'm afraid that she can fall asleep before dessert time. Do you know if they have something like a carachter singing happy birthday or something like? Any reccomendation will be greatly appreciated. It is her 1st birthday and even though she won't remember, mom and dad want it to be really special.

Thanks

Yusi50

Note: First time Disney Cruiser

You can get the free cake at your table, but you must tell them when you book so DCL knows ahead of time about the birthday. They usually get a button too, but maybe not for a 1 year old, they might get stuck with the point of it. So if you havnt already done so, tell your TA or DCL about it so they will know ahead of time.

you could ask for the cake the day before her birthday and when she falls asleep tell your wait staff you want to take it to the room stick it in the frig until the next day and then take it where ever you want to do the birthday and have fun!!

You could hire a character for happy birthday, it is about $250.00 for 20 minutes.

Also I believe when your information booklet comes in the mail it has a birthday decoration you can buy and they will decorate your stateroom, plus there is a cake you can buy and it will be in your room waiting when you arrive.

Plus Shirley may be able to fix you up with a cake or cupcakes to be waiting in your room. She makes the most awesome gift baskets for DCL guests. Her business is called "The perfect gift"

I think her web site is www.snelson.com I will try to find it to be sure if you are interested. She is reasonably priced and she could fix up a special birthday basket for your daughter.

If you do the cake at your table your wait staff will sing happy birthday to your daughter.

mom x4,grandma x4

Hi again,

I have cruised on the Wonder 8 times so far. All the meals were very casual dress. Some people like to dress up some in Tritons or Lumiere's I can never remember which is on the Wonder and which is on the Magic??

But it the fancy looking restaurant by the atrium.

However we never really had a formal night on the 3 day.

No shorts, no tank tops allowed in any of the dining rooms.

Although you will see people dressed in them if you look around.

I usually wear a dress for the night we are in the nicer restaurant, but nothing fancy. Then one night is pirate night where you can dress as a pirate or tropical the other night is casual dress.

Those are the suggested dress in the Navigator paper that will be in your room.

It is totally different on the Magic, they go all out with gowns and tuxes on formal night and then there is a semi formal night too.

Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,

your gonna have an awesome time!!

On the wonder they just did a remodel of the water area fo rkids who are still in diapers. I t use to just be one ear with water jets and that was really nice, but now they have a new water play area for toddlers that is under the slide and hand. I have not seen it in person yet, but I have seen a picture and read some trip reports which gave it a big A+.

So be sure and bring some swim diapers for you baby to wear so she can play in the water too. It is the law they have to wear swim diapers until they are potty trained. When we took our grandson we used twice as many as we thought we would use. So take plenty with you.

They do sell them on th eship but they are expensive and they tend to sell out quickly.

Also ALWAYS take your camera with you, even to dinner. There are surprizes everywhere that just happen on the spur of the moment, you wont want to miss them. you wont be alone, you will see many cameras at dinner as well as all over the ship.

another thing you can do as a keep sake is to take 2 (pre washed, white) pillow cases or a photo matt for pictures and put it in a zip lock baggie with some water proof markers( i use sharpie). Also put a card in with it with your name and room number on it.

Now the FIRST day take it to the guest services desk and ask to have them autographed. You can ask for everyone or just mickey and minnie , or all princesses, what ever you want. Then they will be signed and returned to your room the last night. This makes a great souvenir and it doesnt cost anything .

Just be sure and take them as early as possible the first day or they wont have time to get them done.

i know it sounds kind of crazy but during the day if you walk down around the club area, some of the big port hole windows have a small padded area for sitting on. Kids just love to sit there and watch the ocean. It is big enough for you to sit there too so your baby wont fall down. But kids just seem to love it there and it makes for a nice picture.

There are NO microwaves on board for heating up baby food, so if you have a water warmer that is small you may want to bring it. If you child can eat some food they are serving they will puree foods for you if you ask.

Luggage is usually delivered to your room by 4:30 , although they dont guarantee it until either 5 or 6, cant remember for sure. So make sure you have plenty of diapers and baby food to last that long.

Also dont worry about you baby making noise during the shows, the theater is full of kids at every performance, so it is not quiet. After all this is Disney and kids are everywhere!!!

most little ones seem to quiet down when the music starts anyway.

snacks and drinks are welcome in the theater too, so it is ok to take her a little snakc to help her pass the time if you want to.

well I hope these tips will help to make your trip alittle more enjoyable.

gotta to fix some dinner,

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Oh, they do have bikes with baby seats and helemts on Castaway Cay if you want to do a family bike ride.

mom x4,grandma x4

THe autograph is just a brilliant idea. Imagine when she is older and see all the characters' autographs for her first birthday!!!. .

This is a picture of my princess who is turning 1!

Vacation is not a new concept for her, we took her to Dominican Republic for a week when she was 4 months old. She had a blast.

ALy.jpg.efbba8c7007de100f131688de1824197.jpg

Archived