Wine Packages

ILCruiser

I see on the Gift Order form that there are two wine packages offered: a "Silver Sail" package and a "Golden Sail" package.

Does anyone know if these packages can be purchased on board? And what wines are offered in each?

The alternative is to bring some of our own on board and pay the corkage. Are there any decent wine shops in Bridgetown?

I see on the Gift Order form that there are two wine packages offered: a "Silver Sail" package and a "Golden Sail" package.

Does anyone know if these packages can be purchased on board? And what wines are offered in each?

The alternative is to bring some of our own on board and pay the corkage. Are there any decent wine shops in Bridgetown?

When we cruise, other then overseas, we normally bring our own wine along with us. Several large wine stores have the styro foam packers that work very well to travel with, this way you can bring along wine that you are familar with and at a much better price then you will pay aboard. On our September cruise aboard the WindSurf out of Barcelona, we purchased wines at a wonderful wine store in that city that had been recommend on CC. The corkage charge was $10.00 but we were drinking outstanding wines and wines that were not on the winelist. Enjoy your upcoming cruise and hope this information is helpful.

We are off this weekend for a wine adventure in Santa Barbara, Ca., home of some great red's.:D

I agree that bringing onboard is the best approach. But I don't want to have to lug 6 or more bottles from home (no cracks please ... it's a 14 day cruise :) ).

Hopefully someone can suggest a good wine shop in Bridgetown, Barbados.

The two of us brought 6 bottles on board our Lisbon cruise and it was only 7 nights, so you won't hear any cracks from me other than why are you packing so light on the wine? ;-)

Sorry, can't help you on finding a wine store in Barbados. Both times we were there, let's just say we were a little more focused on the rum.

I agree that bringing onboard is the best approach. But I don't want to have to lug 6 or more bottles from home (no cracks please ... it's a 14 day cruise :) ).

Hopefully someone can suggest a good wine shop in Bridgetown, Barbados.

:D No "cracks" here. On our 7 day cruise out of Spain we took a case of wine per couple. As the second leg of our vacation was two weeks in Italy we felt compelled ;) to consume all the wonderful Spainish Wine before continuing our wine adventures in Italy. You can probably tell by our CC name that we love good wine and include it into most of our vacations! Santa Barbara wine country this weekend.

Archived