Destiny Missed a port

lmondrop

I just spoke to my parents who are currently in Barbados and they told me that they missed the Dominica port becuase the ship had to return to St. Thomas becuase someome on board had an emergency. My parents didn't know exactly what the nature of the emergency was.

I hope they are still enjoying their cruise. It seems lots of people get really upset when a port is missed. This is cruising and you just have to go with the flow. Yes, I do have a few exceptions to my opinion.

1. If you book a Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore or NY and a hurricane pushed the cruise to Canada. Yes that would totally suck and would warrant something in return only if your ship is the only ship that did not go to the Caribbean from that port. This did happen two years ago on a Bermuda cruise from NY.

2. If you book an Alaskan cruise and had to miss ports because of ship problems and don't get to see glaciers. Missing the ports would be fine but if you don't get to see the glaciers, then that should warrant complaints as well.

Joe

I hope they are still enjoying their cruise. It seems lots of people get really upset when a port is missed. This is cruising and you just have to go with the flow. Yes, I do have a few exceptions to my opinion.

1. If you book a Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore or NY and a hurricane pushed the cruise to Canada. Yes that would totally suck and would warrant something in return only if your ship is the only ship that did not go to the Caribbean from that port. This did happen two years ago on a Bermuda cruise from NY.

2. If you book an Alaskan cruise and had to miss ports because of ship problems and don't get to see glaciers. Missing the ports would be fine but if you don't get to see the glaciers, then that should warrant complaints as well.

Joe

Oh I am in complete agreement with you....Always expect the unexpected when cruising is what I say. My parents are very happy go lucky people...a little bummed that they didn't get to see Dominica but they roll with the punches as I have always done so. They are having a blast anyway and they got a chance to jsut relax with an extra day at sea.

I just wanted to post that on here as an FYI....becuase of the emergency.

Archived