Carnival Elation with kids?

crusinmama06

I have never cruised Carnival before. But I got an offer I just can't say no to today. So we are leaving in 3 weeks onboard Elation.

What should I expect with Carnival? Any tips? How are the pools? The camp carnival?

Help, I am starting to freak out that I just booked a cruise last minute. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! First, congratulations on having another cruise booked! Always fun, having one coming up. You don't mention your kids' ages, but I'll give you my .02 :) My kids have very much enjoyed our 3 Carnival cruises, one of which was on the Elation when it sailed out of Galveston. They were all in different aged groups in Camp Carnival and each one of them had a terrific time. We had even taken a friend of our DD13 with us and she had absolutely the time of her life! We went to the dining room each night (had early seating) and they so enjoyed the "show" that the wait staff put on. Some people here on the boards complain about the dancing waiters on Carnival, but in our case our kids (and MANY adults, too) find it to be fun and light-hearted.

I see in your signature that you, too, have been on the Disney Magic. We loved that cruise, also. A couple things our kids thought wasn't quite as good on subsequent non-DCL cruises has been the lack of the movie theater that is on Disney and the salt water pools on the other lines. But honestly they have not complained that the kids' clubs haven't *measured up*. Another comparison I might add is that the Magic is a lot more "traditional ocean-liner" looking but we certainly thought the Elation was pretty, just more in a flashy and neon kind of way. And the staterooms aren't quite as posh as on the Magic, but then the price on the Elation was not as posh as on the Magic either! :D

Any questions I can try and answer, let me know. We just got off Carnival Conquest 3 weeks ago and I have to say that was the BEST cruise we have had to date. Absolutely wonderful, and our kids say it was their favorite so far, too. Have fun on your cruise....

Thanks Penny! My girls are 2 and 6. I have calmed down considerably since I wrote that post. After reading the Carnival boards, I KNOW they are going to have a great time. :D

We have 9 more days and my kids couldn't be more excited!!!!

And I agree 100% about the dancing waiters. That's the best part of the evening. Love them!

Archived