Vista Suite vs Premium Suite on The Sapphire

luvs2travl

Have been a long time reader of this board, but am a first-time user. Have so much enjoyed reading the helpful comments from all of you.

We are booked into a Vista Suite (E-730) on The Sapphire Princess for our 2007 Alaskan Cruise and a Premium Suite (C-750) for our 2008 Australian Cruise. When viewing all of the Virtual Tours of these 2 suites (at least all that I've been able to find), they look identical. Anyone stayed in these suites? If so, what is the difference besides the obvious deck locations? We have heard great things about the Sapphire - this will be our first time on this particular ship, and can't wait to get going.

Also - anyone stayed at the Four Seasons in Sydney? Our TA has us there for 3 nights pre-cruise. Any "must-see..." & don't miss.." for the Sydney locale will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The main difference is the locations with the cabins. Better locations + higher in category and price.

As for Sydney. I don't even know where to begin. We have visited Sydney three times and there is so much to do there, depending on what you are interested in.

Things we did:

All day trip to the blue mountains (booked through a local TA in Sydney). Beautiful views with tea by a babbling brook watching the wild parrots and kangaroos everywhere. The haze from the eucalyptus trees is fascintating.

Dinner Cruise through Sydney Harbor after dark. Great show, wonderful views and we even sailed right next to our ship we were to board the following day. (this was before security was so tight and all boats have to stay back)

Took the fairy over to the beach for the day, wonderful food in the little shops.

Of coarse, several visits to the opera house are always in order. If you are lucky enough to go when there is a performance, great!

Walked to the marketplace and also to the rocks for a look.

Had a friend that lives there pick us up and give us a grand tour of the bridges and the city itself. Very interesting.

Visited the Koala Park (each visit) and was amazed at how the Dingos remember your smell, even when the trips are sometimes over a year apart. Fed the kangaroos, and were able to pet the Koalas.

Last visit, after we disembarked the ship, we spent several days with our Aussie friends at their condo. More time getting to see each other again then touring though.

Lots and lots to do. And if you can contact a travel agent in Sydney (sorry, I can't even remember the name of the one we used now but I do remember it was located on George Street), they can make even more suggestions.

First visit we stayed in a hotel, can't even remember the name of it, but it wasn't in a very good part of town. It was arranged through our online TA agency and came with the cruise package. Second visit we stayed at the Intercontinental Sydney and it was the best hotel as for location and rooms. More like a suite onboard the ship with sitting area, coffee and tea making facilities, large bath with all the extras.

You will have a great time on this cruise and with the extended stay in Sydney, all the better.

If memory serves me correctly, the Four Seasons Hotel is directly across the street from the Intercontinental Hotel that Toto mentions.

We've stayed twice at the Intercontinental, and like it. We did check out the lobby of the Four Seasons, and it looks very nice.

Just a short stroll down to The Rocks & Circular Quay. On the same street as the hotels, we found a neat steak restaurant called Phillip's Foot, opposite the Customs House. You pick out your steak from the refrigerated case, and cook it yourself on their barbecue. They had nice cuts of meat. Salads and other fixings are available, ala carte.

Sydney is a great city, truly world class.

Hey there! We were on the Sapphire to Alaska the summer of 2005. We were in the Vista suite on the Dolphin deck (D738). The Vista suite is the BEST room to be in for the Alaskan cruise. You can see so much from the balcony. I never had to go up on deck to take pictures. When we went through Tracy's Arm we got to take pictures of both sides since the ship turns around to go back out.

The balcony is a good size, the room is perfect for 2 or 3 (we were only 2 in there for that cruise) and we spent a lot of time out there.

Can't tell you much about the other room or your trip to Australia.

Hope that you have a great time on both of your trips!

emoki3:)

C750 is 525 Sq Ft and E730 is 527Sq Ft so there isn't much difference in size. To me the biggest difference is the location. E730 will be on the outside which give it those wonderful panoramic views but it's also over the bandstand for Club Fusion so you might get some noise bleeding up from there. If you don't go to bed early, that may not be an issue.

Thanks so very much to those that replied - especially for the GREAT info on Sydney. Sounds like 3 days won't be long enough. I gather you suggest waiting until our arrival to book shore excursions for Aussie/New Zealand. The Blue Mountain all-day tour is included in our booking package, so that is already a "done-deal". The sunset cruise sounds like a definite "to-do" and can't wait to get to Koala Park. How 'bout NZ? Any thoughts there?

Guess our cabin selection is good for both crusies -we are not "early-birds" so the music should not be an issue. So glad to know the aft cabins seem to be the concensus "best-viewing" for Alaska. We can't wait!

Our Alaska Cruise departs Whittier on June 23; the Australia Cruise departs Sydeney on February 26th. Anyone out there on these cruises? Would love to meet you!

Hi there: If you were wondering if there were people on your upcoming cruises go to the Roll Call boards and both of your cruises have roll calls already started. Just go back to what I call the Table of Contents and scroll down to Roll Calls. Then just follow the links of the Sapphire and you are there. Have a great two cruises.

Marilyn

Have been a long time reader of this board, but am a first-time user. Have so much enjoyed reading the helpful comments from all of you.

We are booked into a Vista Suite (E-730) on The Sapphire Princess for our 2007 Alaskan Cruise and a Premium Suite (C-750) for our 2008 Australian Cruise. When viewing all of the Virtual Tours of these 2 suites (at least all that I've been able to find), they look identical. Anyone stayed in these suites? If so, what is the difference besides the obvious deck locations? We have heard great things about the Sapphire - this will be our first time on this particular ship, and can't wait to get going.

Also - anyone stayed at the Four Seasons in Sydney? Our TA has us there for 3 nights pre-cruise. Any "must-see..." & don't miss.." for the Sydney locale will be well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My partner and I have stayed in Caribe 750 on the Sapphire for the 30 day sailing from LAX-SYD and also Xmas and New Years Cruise Inaugural in Dec of 2004 and just prefer the AFT suites to anything else. I am currently in the Owners suite on the Golden Princess in the Med B751.

I will tell you this there were compalints from people in the Vista Suites due to vibrations from the propellers. The lower you go the more you feel. For example on the Golden Princess on Baja at the AFT I hardly feel a thing compared to C750 were ther was a little vibration especially when we pull in and out of port. IMHO stay away from CAT VS.

As for hotels we have staye at the Four Seasons in Sydney, the Shnagri La right beside it and the Grand Hyatt at Circle Quay which was the Best of all three. But the Four Seasons is a beautifull property.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

• 7 months later...

Hi Tony: I see that you have been in the owners suite on the Golden B751. Do you have any pictures?? I will be in that suite Dec 15, 2007. How was the balcony? Any obstructions or hvac noise?

Although I haven't been in either suite on the Sapphire, I have had a Vista suite on the Crown and a PS on the Caribbean. I honestly didn't expect for there to be much difference, but there was actually more interior room in the PS. There were two tables on either side of the sofa and an additional small table that held the flower arrangement in the PS. Other than those few things -- and evidently slightly more square footage, the baths and everything else were pretty close to identical. We did have the ''bar'' through the balcony on the VS and not on the PS.

Either way -- suite sailing is VERY sweet!! Enjoy!

C750 is 525 Sq Ft and E730 is 527Sq Ft so there isn't much difference in size. To me the biggest difference is the location. E730 will be on the outside which give it those wonderful panoramic views but it's also over the bandstand for Club Fusion so you might get some noise bleeding up from there. If you don't go to bed early, that may not be an issue.

CactusRose, how do you find out the square footage of each cabin?

Thanks,

Deanna

Archived