Looking for fabulous restaurant in Copenhagen

Hi!

I have been to Copenhagen several times and there are a few things I am sure never to miss: Tivoli, Stroget, Nyhavn and Smorrebrod.

For lunch I would recommend The d'Angleterre Hotel at Kongens Nytorv, not far from Nyhavn and right next to Stroget. Try their Smorrebrod (open sandwiches) which is typically Danish. Smorrebrod is to the Danes what Smorgasbord is to us Swedes. The correct Schnapps to go with it is Gammeldansk. You'll find a meny at http://www.remmen.dk/dangleterre/index.htm

Maria (in Stockholm) :)

We just retirned from the Constellation's July 3-17 Baltic cruise. We were in Copenhagen July 13 & 14. We had our best meal of the cruise in a Copenhagen micro-brewery restaurant. Here is a excerpt from my journal.

----------------

- After returning by train to Copenhagen Central Station at 6:30PM, we immediately went to eat dinner at a restaurant near the station and Tivoli that was recommended by Rick Steves, the Bryggeriet Apollo, which is also a micro-brewery. Gail had rump of lamb (Lammeculotte) and I had Plaice, a flat "Danish Plaice" fish (Ovnbagt rødspætte) that tastes more like lobster than fish. Wonderful! The food was the most enjoyable that we have had on the entire cruise.

Hi CruisePelase416!

Yes, I sure can. The Smorgasboard at the Veranda restaurant at the Grand Hôtel is the very best and it's served weekdays 12 pm - 3 pm and on weekends 1 pm - 4 pm all year round. During your meal you will have a nice view over the water and the Royal Palace. Don't miss out on the Schnapps! The Grand even has it's own brand named "Grand 1874" and it's very nice. The price is SEK 350 per person. Call +46 8 679 35 86 for reservations.

I'm arranging a personal tour for some friends visiting Stockholm in August, and besides a visit to the Vasa Museum, a private boat ride and me showing them around the Old Town I have recommended them to have lunch at the Veranda.

Have a great day in Stockholm!

Thanks Maria. Do you have recommendations for Smorgasbord in Stockholm, that will be open in July?

Thank you

Bobbie

p.s. If you ever come to New York, I can give you lots of restaurant recommendations.

Hi again!

I missed to repy to your PS. I adore New York, it's one of my favorite cities. Keeping up with the restaurant scene however is difficult so I will absolutely ask you for advice. Thanks!

Hi CruisePelase416!

Yes, I sure can. The Smorgasboard at the Veranda restaurant at the Grand Hôtel is the very best and it's served weekdays 12 pm - 3 pm and on weekends 1 pm - 4 pm all year round. During your meal you will have a nice view over the water and the Royal Palace. Don't miss out on the Schnapps! The Grand even has it's own brand named "Grand 1874" and it's very nice. The price is SEK 350 per person. Call +46 8 679 35 86 for reservations.

I'm arranging a personal tour for some friends visiting Stockholm in August, and besides a visit to the Vasa Museum, a private boat ride and me showing them around the Old Town I have recommended them to have lunch at the Veranda.

Have a great day in Stockholm!

We just had a great dinner last night at Cafe Victor (Victor Cafe) in Copenhagen. It is behind the Hotel Angleterre. The food was wonderful. This afternoon we plan to have lunch at "Noma." It is closed for dinner during July.

We heard that "The Paul' at Tivoli is also excellent - it has a fixed menu and is quite expensive. We won't have time to try it on this trip.

Have fun, Copenhagen has lots of great restaurants.

Miriam

Archived