Which ships are in which class?

Cholly

I am new to Carnival...I am going on the Legend on 12/2/06. That is a "spirit "class I think. What other ships are spirit class and what other classifications are there?

It would help when I am reading these posts to know which type of ship people are talking about.

Thanks!

Holiday Class = Holiday and Celebration.

Fantasy Class = Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination, Fascination, Elation and Paradise.

Destiny Class = Destiny, Triumph and Victory (Destiny is slightly different though).

Spirit Class = Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle.

Conquest Class = Conquest, Valor, Glory, Liberty and Freedom (Freedom is still being built).

Good info on this subject at "cruiseclues". The Legend, Miracle, Pride and Spirit are all "Spirit class" ships. Conquest Class are bigger and include Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Valor and the new Splendor. Destiny class are smaller than the Conquest and larger than the Spirit class (I am pretty sure, but someone will correct me if I am wrong!) and include the Destiny, Triumph and Victory.

Good info on this subject at "cruiseclues". The Legend, Miracle, Pride and Spirit are all "Spirit class" ships. Conquest Class are bigger and include Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Valor and the new Splendor. Destiny class are smaller than the Conquest and larger than the Spirit class (I am pretty sure, but someone will correct me if I am wrong!) and include the Destiny, Triumph and Victory.

Great information! After sailing the Pride and then the Destiny I would swear the Pride is bigger! Low and behold it is not! Wow you learn something new every day!:D

Great information! After sailing the Pride and then the Destiny I would swear the Pride is bigger! Low and behold it is not! Wow you learn something new every day!:D

That's because the Spirit Class (Pride) is longer, but not as wide as the Destiny/Triumph Class, and has a much lower tonnage.

This is how they stack up head to head:

Pride

Length: 960'

Beam: 106'

Tonnage: 88,500

Cabins: 1062

Pax: 2124

Destiny

Length: 893'

Beam: 116'

Tonnage: 102,000

Cabins:1321

Pax: 2642

At nearly 70' longer, it does take a little bit more time to walk the Pride from bow to stern, but she is no where near as "beefy" as Destiny. ;) :D

Archived