Help...Need beach info near Mega Pier

Kim

Could anyone please tell me which beach would be the nicest that is not too far from the ship? I have heard Cas Abou is very nice but would cost $80 to get to. What about Porto Mari, Kontiki, Mambo, Hook's Hut or Seaquarium?? Which of these would be a favorite? Nice sand, clear water, chairs and umbrellas?? Any idea what the taxi ride would cost?

Thank you very much for any help.

Was in curaco last week. The taxi's by the ship will charge about $15- $20 to go to Sea Aquarium , Mambo or Kontiki Beaches (10-15 min. ride) they are next to each other. They all offer chairs and umbrella's. $3.00 admission Plus chair and umbrella.

Yes, I did go to the beach @ the Sea Aquarium Time Share Beach. They had a Time Share presentation 1 hour. They allowed us to use there pool, private beach,lunch for four and admission to the Aquarium. I did see all of the other beaches they all looked the same one right after the next all in a row. Snorkeling was ok on the ocean side of the man made reef (break water). Water at the beach very calm.

Very interesting about the time share presentation.

Were you on a cruise or staying in Curacao ?

If you were on a cruise, were these time share people hanging around the dock ?

Gizmo, I was on the Explorer of the Sea's on 11-9-2006. We were going to the Sea Aquarium but before the entrance to it was a booth with info offering

the tour. We also met a couple from the ship on the beach that was approached while shopping downtown. The time share is http://www.royalresorts.com. Was it worth it ? for me yes, not high pressure sell nice people.Free use of private beach with 10-12 people on it, all beach's charge $3.00 each plus chairs, use of the pool with a veiw (no one in it), Lunch for four (had to ask for lunch instead of breakfast not a problem though)$50-$60 , Free admission for 4 to the aquarium $60 And 2 free tee shirts.

Just Returned And Had The Taxi Drop Us At Mambo Beach. Two Taxi's Held 17 People. The Charge Came To $4.00 Pp. Admission Was $3 And Chairs Were $3. The Beach Was Beautiful. Pretty Soft Sand, Not Much Rock, Water Was Calm (thanks To A Breakwall) And A Gorgeous Blue/teal. There Were Two Restaurants, 2 Bars, Restrooms. Great Day!

Just Returned And Had The Taxi Drop Us At Mambo Beach. Two Taxi's Held 17 People. The Charge Came To $4.00 Pp. Admission Was $3 And Chairs Were $3. The Beach Was Beautiful. Pretty Soft Sand, Not Much Rock, Water Was Calm (thanks To A Breakwall) And A Gorgeous Blue/teal. There Were Two Restaurants, 2 Bars, Restrooms. Great Day!

Did you make arrangements for transportation in advance or just 2 taxis at the pier? We are a family of 10 and were pretty much looking to do the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise and went to Kontiki Beach. We loved it. Kontiki is next to Mambo. I walked all the way down the beach to see what the others looked like.

Mambo was nice and had beach bars, chairs and umbrellas.

I thought Kontiki was the nicest because of all the pavillions and decor. The water is very calm. The sand is not fine sand but we had no problem walking on it. There were a few rocks as we entered the water but this was not a problem either. I did not feel water shoes were needed.

It cost us 3.00 PP to get in. This got us a beach chair.

Cab fare was 15.00, one way. The driver offered to return to pick us up and he was there at the time we selected.

Archived