Internet on Veendam?

stateparent

Yes, Veendam has hot spots. This site Digital Seas will give you details and prices.

I always bring my laptop because (1) the Explorations Cafe terminals are often full with slooooooow novices, and (2) having the laptop allows me to do "batch mode" email: connect, grab, disconnect, process off line, reconnect, send. This save much expensive time because you will NOT get anything like broadband speed. More like 56k even with wi-fi.

Yes, Veendam has hot spots. This site Digital Seas will give you details and prices.

I always bring my laptop because (1) the Explorations Cafe terminals are often full with slooooooow novices, and (2) having the laptop allows me to do "batch mode" email: connect, grab, disconnect, process off line, reconnect, send. This save much expensive time because you will NOT get anything like broadband speed. More like 56k even with wi-fi.

I agree 100%. I would like to add a couple of things, though. The list of hotspots on Digital Seas is only a partial one. You can pick up a more complete list on board. I know that I was able to find hot spots by the Lido pool on both the Veendam and Volendam that are not listed on the web site.

Also - if I remember correctly, if you sign up for a package of minutes on the first day, you can get a discount. Also, keep your eyes open for other sales on internet minutes during the cruise.

Also - if I remember correctly, if you sign up for a package of minutes on the first day, you can get a discount.

Not on the Noordam in June this year. I paid the standard $55 per 100 min, plus $3.95 in my first HOUR on board! :D

We just got back from a 34 day cruise on the Veendam from Vancouver to Tampa via the Amazon. I took my laptop and found hotspots in the Explorers Lounge, Library, Lido, and around the Atrium and stairwell. I bought the $100 package which was 240 minute (I think?). I also bought it on the first day and got a bonus of minutes. I also like the laptop because I can download my messages and then work off-line - saving minutes and $.

Cruising Boomer

Archived