rafting/tubing question-pacemaker

2new4cruzn

hello all,

i am planning our next (second) cruise. i want a laid back excursion in jamaica. was thinking about rafting or tubing. my husband has a pacemaker and cannot endure a bumpy ride though. would love to have some feedback in general on this type of excursion.

thanks,

anette

We did the tubing. Our's only lasted about 30 mins, it would probably be okay. It's not very fast or doesn't have a lot of rapids. It was nice while it lasted, however. The water is very clear and refreshingly cold. It's pretty narrow, like a Missouri Creek....The vegetation in Jamaica is pretty and the trees hang out into the river. The locals were washing clothes, shaving and taking baths while we were there. There is a place to get a photo and some crafts...kind of an akward place for that...didn't like that part. But the river was okay. It seemed expensive to me for what we did. But thus the story of most excursions....I was advised to tip the boy guide atleast $3.00 per person in your group. Hope this helps.

Archived