Enchantment of the Seas Information, Please

DJan07

Hello Everyone,

My family is looking into booking the Enchantment of the Seas for July 2, 2007. The ports are Key West, Cozumel and Belize City. I have read some reviews and they all seem to be pretty good, but is there anything else that I should know before we book. The price is around $800 per person for an inside cabin (we would book a Cat. K). Does that seem reasonable (I know the term is relative :rolleyes: ) to you guys? Any other information is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Derek

We booked the same cruise for June 18. It is more $$/day than we have paid in the past, but this is peak time, and the prices are higher due to demand. We booked when the itinerary was first released, and paid $649/pp, for DH and I and $579 for DS who will be sharing our cabin. This was the price before a $99 discount for early booking. We are in a Cat K cabin because it has an extra bed for DS. It will be crowded, but we never spend time in the cabin except to shower, change clothes, and sleep.

We are cruising then because it was the only time DS could come with us. He will be graduating from high school in June and this cruise is his graduation present. I have been on the roll call thread for our cruise, and have learned that there will be other kids the same age, who are also going on graduation gift cruises.

Usually, we cruise in early March, when prices are lower and there aren't many kids on board. I think any time we can cruise for less than $100/pp per night, it's a good deal.

We are cruising then because it was the only time DS could come with us. He will be graduating from high school in June and this cruise is his graduation present. I have been on the roll call thread for our cruise, and have learned that there will be other kids the same age, who are also going on graduation gift cruises.

Thanks for the information, this cruise would be for my high school graduation present also. I am a tri-athlete for my high school and I play 2 summer league sports so I have off 2 weeks per year for a vacation, so this is our only option. Thanks again!

Derek

We traveled the same route in Feb on the Enchantment and had a ball. We did the jungle tour in Belize. We just toured the strip of shops in Cozumel and did some shopping. We tookt the trolley tour in Key West. It was my second cruise and my family and friends first and they had a great time.

lojill - we took this same itineary with Enchantment in February 2005 as our first cruise ever - and had a wonderful time and have some great memories. We had an inside cabin and it was less than your cost, but may be just the time of year and almost two yrs. ago. In Belize, we did the Myan Ruins at Altun Ha excursion. That was very interesting and had a great tour guide. In Cozumel, we did the Snorkeling and Beach Break - had a ball. However, I don't know what I was thinking - but didn't realize they would push me off a boat in 40' deep water to do snorkeling!!!! SURPRISE!!!! I guess I was taking too many pictures instead of listening to what he was saying about the excursion, etc. In any event, it was fun! You will have a great time. We think the Enchantment is a great ship and we are doing that same cruise in Feb. 07. Big enough to experience it all and yet we felt we had plenty of relaxation and time to ourselves if we wanted it - Not too busy.

Cruiser052

Archived