Amsterdam Port to Central Station

gallerygirl

I assume you're starting at the Amsterdam cruise terminal? Well, yes, you can walk it, although it's about a mile. But's an 'easy mile', if you know what I mean (it's flat, for example, and there are sidewalks), and as long as your luggage is wheeled you ought to be able to do it. I think you can enter Centraal station from the north (river) side, or you can walk round the front (south) side of the station and enjoy the confusion of all the tram stops!

There is also a tram that actually terminates at the cruise terminal, but a) I can't remember which number it is, and b) I don't know what you'd do about tickets - everytime I've been on a tram I've a Stripcaart, and I don't know if you can buy them at the cruise terminal. When we did this walk, we bought our Stripcaarts at the tourist information kiosk at centraal station.

I assume you're starting at the Amsterdam cruise terminal? Well, yes, you can walk it, although it's about a mile. But's an 'easy mile', if you know what I mean (it's flat, for example, and there are sidewalks), and as long as your luggage is wheeled you ought to be able to do it. I think you can enter Centraal station from the north (river) side, or you can walk round the front (south) side of the station and enjoy the confusion of all the tram stops!

There is also a tram that actually terminates at the cruise terminal, but a) I can't remember which number it is, and b) I don't know what you'd do about tickets - everytime I've been on a tram I've a Stripcaart, and I don't know if you can buy them at the cruise terminal. When we did this walk, we bought our Stripcaarts at the tourist information kiosk at centraal station.

It is indeed about 1 mile walk to/from central station, most on sidewalks along a busy street.

Tram nr. 25 is an option, leaves right next to the cruise-terminal. However, if you have much luggage it might be a problem.

Tickets can be bought near central station at the white wooden building, which is the cheapest way. Also "day-tickets" are available, if you want to see more of the city.

Either the driver, or depending on the tramnr. the guy in the middle of the tram - the conducteur-, sells tickets too, those are a little more expensive.

Archived