Island Princess - Recent Boarding delays & Norvirus

Zobrina

Okay, now I am concerned.....read on Island roll call today about boarding issues and possible bad norvirus. I also heard this from persons that are not on this board, that the both were issues a few weeks back. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but reading that it was an issue as recent as just a week ago, I am concerned. We are not scheduled to go until February, but it still makes us concerned. We are long time cruisers and luckily we have never experienced either. Just wondering if anyone else has any input.

Okay, now I am concerned.....read on Island roll call today about boarding issues and possible bad norvirus. I also heard this from persons that are not on this board, that the both were issues a few weeks back. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but reading that it was an issue as recent as just a week ago, I am concerned. We are not scheduled to go until February, but it still makes us concerned. We are long time cruisers and luckily we have never experienced either. Just wondering if anyone else has any input.

Why fret about what has happen. Whatever the boarding problems were probably will not be present three months from now. For any cruise you can probably find someone who would complain about boarding problems. It depends on when you arrive and when the mass arrives. It never is fun standing in lines and sometimes they are longer than some folks are tolerant of.

And I would think any norvirus problem will be cleared up by then. ;)

Why fret about what has happened in the past. Whatever the boarding problems were probably will not be present three months from now. For any cruise you can probably find someone who would complain about boarding problems. It depends on when you arrive and when the mass arrives. It never is fun standing in lines and sometimes they are longer than some folks are tolerant of.

And I would think any norvirus problem will be cleared up by then. ;)

We leave on the Island one week from tomorrow. The virus was limited to something like 5% of the passengers and 1% of the crew. The odds are in our favor...and we'll make sure to wash our hands and use sanitizer regularly. I'm not worried at all.

As for boarding...I can put up with just about anything when I know a lovely stateroom and a bottle of champagne are waiting for us! :D Inconveniences are bound to happen on occasion, but once things are under way, all is forgiven!

Just remember that embarkation and disembarkation times will vary from cruise to cruise. One major factor is if there are several ships in port with you...and how many customs/immigration agents are working that day. On my last cruise, we were able to embark onto the Island in San Pedro as soon as we got to the ship at 12:15pm. When we returned, the disembarkation process started really late and continued to run behind. We didn't get off until 11:10, and there were probably a good 20 per cent or so of passengers still onboard. The new batch of passengers had to wait until everyone from our batch were long gone.

Notovirus is another thing that you can't control other than keeping the Purell handy and hoping no one had caught it on their flight to bring onboard. There will be about 2000 passengers on with you. Not everyone will be in perfect health.

Around 120 including 9 staff came down with the Noro Virus in the Oct 21 sailing . Princess made every effort to control it except for the last day when they let all those infected disembark with the other healthy passengers . Provisions should of been made to let these people stay in their cabins till everyone had disembarked thus stopping the potential spread to the rest of us IMO .

As far as the line ups go for embarkation go with the flow . Talk to others in line and the time will pass . Some waited hours before getting on the ship . A good attitude goes a long way .

Archived