Just Booked Too!!

chaz cruiser

We can't let you guys have all the fun!!!:p Suey has booked for us (including Frog & Nan) to travel on the Pacific Dawn departing on the 8th of January 2008 for a 10 night cruise. Looks like this may be Nan's last cruise (she doesn't want to renew her passport!) and seems only fitting it is on a super liner. Should be very special.

So now I have two cruises to look forward to. May also have a third one next year. We are considering an Alaskan cruise in June/July. I know we have had a few from here do Alaskan cruises and was wondering if anyone had any hints? Is this a good time to travel there? Any suggestions on which company to travel with?

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi cruiser,

husband and I did our cruise in August... it was fabulous..

the weather was better than here .

we bought thermal underwear etc, expecting it to be cold, never used them the whole month we spent in Alaska.

cruising the inside passage , out on deck gets a bit windy, but it's worth it.. a rain jacket is handy.

to see Killer Whales, seals and thousands of sea otters was magic.

out of Anchorage we saw up close a pod of white Beluga Whales...utter joy.

wishing you a happy trip. we would love to go there again.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Do you have a particular cruise line in mind? Do you want a formal atmosphere or a more relaxed. There are so many options out there. Return cruises from Vancouver or Seattle, or Northbound & Soutbound cruises.

If you are more laid back, I'd go with NCL or Royal Caribbean.

We went in the June of 04, and the weather was fine (for us). There was drizzle on one day while in Juneau, which cleared. The temps were around 20, which was pleasant to explore Alaska. The following week it was up in the 30's, so it is just luck I guess with the weather.

We were on the 3rd cruise for the season, which was cheaper than middle of the season. So from late May till mid June & September would be great to grab some of those fantastic deals out there.

Don't worry chaz cruiser, you will have ADF, qld cruiser, and myself here to help you;) . The American boards will be a great source as well.

I have the Celebrity and Royal Caribbean brochures for next year here at home if you have any questions about their cruises.

It will be one cruise you will never forget.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jarrod. I have replied to your email.

For everyone else's info we have decided to give Alaska a miss at the moment. Worked out to be too hard to arrange time off at the same time and really want to be able to enjoy our time away. Besides we can't be too greedy. We have the Star at Easter & now the Dawn in Jan 08 to look forward too!!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived