Easiest (and most effective) diet EVER - no joke.

bardgal

I eat Whole Wheat Bread now because they say to stick with the whole grains. Anyway, I just recently read the ingredients and guess what the 3rd item listed was? High fructose corn syrup!!! So I checked various breads at the grocery store and they all had it in them! What do you get?

I know exactly what you mean because for the longest time the only thing my daughter could eat breadwise were one brand of low carb tortillas since she's allergic to corn. Now, if you have Aunt Millies Bread in your area they make an organic 100% whole wheat and an organic Flax seed bread that have no corn in them. Those are the only two I have found commercially. Otherwise you have to go to an organic bakery. But you still have to watch because I've found high fructose corn syrup in products at Wild Oats too.:mad:

Tami

asmuch as I know that calorie counting is what is important to lose weight, I am going to try this for 4 days. I leave for NO on Friday for the Sun cruise. I just need to lose some tummy blubber! I NEVER would have thought that flour could make you bloat! I am also giving up salt for a few days...we will see!:)

Have been cheating. I left home and weighed in at 115. Mostly just liquid sugar (champagne.)

Fell hard off the wagon at lunch with penne bolognese which was to die for! However, I am already crampy and bloated because of it. Not worth it.

I'll keep you all posted.

I only gained 3 lbs on the cruise and my jeans still fit! I had pasta only once, no bread or cake, took the stairs 90% of the time, and hit the gym alot. It was nice they had the same Cybex cycle I have at home, just wish they had the equipment available 24/7 like on Princess.

Now, back to the real world.... no more champagne for now.

:D

Hi all- Just got back from Jamaica. Ate loads of fish but didn't stay away from sugar.:o Still lost about 2 pounds because they had flooding the week before and all the elevators were broken. Everything at the resort was up stairs or down stairs including 4 flights down to the beach carrying a 20 pound, wiggly toddler. Next time, if I go there again I'll train with the stairmaster before I go!:D

Jamaicans have alot of fish dishes for breakfast and I ate mostly them. I figured I could get bacon and eggs for breakfast any day and my eggs are fresh from my barn. It was so good that I'm going to do research and get some recipes to cook on my own. It's a good, high protein break. Most of them had fish, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Very yummy.

Tami

I cook a lot of food from the islands and west indies, I like this website, http://www.bellaonline.com The problem is, though, you have to use fresh fish which tastes better for some of the dishes. I even eat rice/pigeon peas for breakfast sometimes...M

Hi all- Just got back from Jamaica. Ate loads of fish but didn't stay away from sugar.:o Still lost about 2 pounds because they had flooding the week before and all the elevators were broken. Everything at the resort was up stairs or down stairs including 4 flights down to the beach carrying a 20 pound, wiggly toddler. Next time, if I go there again I'll train with the stairmaster before I go!:D

Jamaicans have alot of fish dishes for breakfast and I ate mostly them. I figured I could get bacon and eggs for breakfast any day and my eggs are fresh from my barn. It was so good that I'm going to do research and get some recipes to cook on my own. It's a good, high protein break. Most of them had fish, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Very yummy.

Tami

Your new diet for life sounds very interesting. I did Southbeach a year or so ago and the weight dropped off but unfortunately I fell off the wagon and started with the sugars/flour again....and have gained most of it back. I feel sluggish and tired all the time. I didnt have any trouble with giving up sugar/flour but finding a good breakfast option was hard for me. I got to the point that I couldnt even look at an egg. Are there other suggestions for breakfast? I find that breakfast is a must for me to be successful with a diet. It is difficult to stick with limits when the first meal of the day is noon and you are ravenous. Any breakfast suggestions??

I swear by steel cut oats that I buy in the bulk foods section. Has a lot of protein, and fiber so you'll be in the bathroom for sure. I eat 1/2 cup with a little applesauce to sweeten it at 4:30 am in the morning before I report to the hospital and I swear I am not hungry nor need a snack until 1:00 pm. Sometimes I eat a "porridge" of brown rice and raw pistachio nuts in the morning and that has the same effects for me.

Your new diet for life sounds very interesting. I did Southbeach a year or so ago and the weight dropped off but unfortunately I fell off the wagon and started with the sugars/flour again....and have gained most of it back. I feel sluggish and tired all the time. I didnt have any trouble with giving up sugar/flour but finding a good breakfast option was hard for me. I got to the point that I couldnt even look at an egg. Are there other suggestions for breakfast? I find that breakfast is a must for me to be successful with a diet. It is difficult to stick with limits when the first meal of the day is noon and you are ravenous. Any breakfast suggestions??

Breakfast - How about some tomatoes and cottage cheese? Or tomatoes with a little olive oil and lemon juice with fresh grated parmesan cheese (not the Kraft stuff) and a little fresh ground pepper? Or berries and cottage cheese? Any low-sugar fruit will work really. If you take your vitamins with this, it should sustain you pretty well. And if you can drink caffeine with it, that will also help to kill your appetite.

I'm curious as to why you are giving up all flour. What's wrong with whole wheat flour? They recommend getting so many servings of whole grains each day.

I finally found some really good organic whole grain bread at a fresh and natural food store. It's delicious too.

I'm curious as to why you are giving up all flour. What's wrong with whole wheat flour? They recommend getting so many servings of whole grains each day.

I finally found some really good organic whole grain bread at a fresh and natural food store. It's delicious too.

Because the gluten makes me bloat, and gives me pain along with gas. When I gave up sugar alone I did not lose the weight.

I get plenty of whole grains. I eat nuts. I can also eat oats.

It's the gluten. I might even have Celiac Disease, I certainly have a few of the symptoms, so I need to be tested. But either way, I feel a hell of a lot better when I don't eat it, and I gain weight instantly when I do eat it.

However, when I gave up flour alone, the weight didn't come off like it did when I gave up the CookieCombo™ of sugar & flour. This WORKS.

Bardgal, please do get yourself tested for celiac disease. I know a couple of people who have it and once they've gotten on gluten free diets, they have felt oh so much better. They have to be very careful about what they eat, but can find their way around menus at restaurants pretty well.

Wish I could give some breakfast suggestions. I've never been a breakfast eater. My breakfast consists of my meds, vitamins and coffee (2/3 decaf, 1/3 regular). Eating anything first thing in the morning makes me sick to my stomach and makes my colitis act up. My meds need some time to start working.

Chris- there's no law in the world that says you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. It really didn't seem strange or unpleasant at all to be in the islands and eating fish every day for breakfast. I often eat leftovers for breakfast. We also make smoothies with protein powder (look for sugar free,) fruit and milk. You could use juice too I just can't drink it. We add fiber to bulk it up and flax oil. I also eat nut butters on apple or celery. You can also make steelcut oats in the crockpot so that they're ready in the morning. There's a recipe on "Good Eats" on the food network. Just chuck in fruit and nuts with it.

We eat ALOT of eggs because we raise our own chickens but I'm with you. Some days I think "If I see another egg..." Hope these suggestions help.

Tami

• 1 month later...
Could someone condense the "do's and don'ts" of this way of eating? I understand the no flour or sugar but what about dairy, oat bran, wheat bran, oatmeal, etc???

here's the "food plan" it's been around a long time - 1973 is the earliest version I have...

It's pretty easy to follow it does become a way of life -

If you are starting this as a diet - note: for the first week, you may be hungry - I was - but I lost 21 lbs in 2 months - and felt healthy, rested and just plain gooood

PLAN "A" -- LOW-CARBOHYDRATE

(Suggested for losing weight)

SAMPLE MENU

BREAKFAST

1 Protein

1 Fruit

Coffee

LUNCH

1 Protein

1 Vegetable

Finger Salad

(no dressing)

DINNER

1 Protein

1 Vegetable

Salad

For carbohydrate sensitive people, man-made sugars and starches create a craving for more of the same. Therefore these foods cannot be eater at all! This plan provides for complete abstinence from man-made sugars and starches and from any foods with more than 10% carbohydrate content.

We suggest three measured meals a day with nothing in between but black coffee, tea or no-calorie soft drinks.

Overeaters Anonymous offers a choice of three disciplined eating plans:

For losing weight ... Plan "A", low-carbohydrate (this pamphlet) or Plan "B", basic-four food groups. For maintaining normal weight ... low-carbohydrate maintenance plan. Before you choose any plan, see your doctor. If you have a medical problem, follow your doctor's plan. You will still be abstaining from compulsive overeating.

REMEMBER .... OURS IS A THREE-FOLD ILLNESS. THESE SUGGESTED EATING PLANS CAN GUIDE US ON THE PHYSICAL LEVEL BUT WE NEED THE 12 STEPS TO REMEMBER OUR RECOVERY ON THE SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL LEVEL AS WELL.

PAGE TWO OF OA PAMPHLET

SUGGESTED GUIDES FOR PLAN "A" ABSTINENCE

Proteins may be mixed (i.e., chef's salad). Vegetables may be mixed. If a ½ cup vegetable is included, the whole portion may not exceed ½ cup.

Sugar must be listed 5th or below on ingredient labels: not among the first 4 items (Ex. Veg Oil, water, salt, spices, sugar.)

Check labels for sugar content: packaged meats, low-cal and regular dressings, mixed spices, vegetables in cans and jars.

Dextrose, lactose and corn syrup are forms of sugar. Must be listed 5th or below on labels.

Mix family salads, then measure two 8 ounce cups for your own, using up to 2 tbs dressing without sugar.

A finger salad is three small, raw vegetables or green salad without dressing.

When eating out, if cooked vegetable in not available have a 4th raw vegetable.

If fresh fruits are unavailable, use fresh frozen not packed in sugar or syrup, fruits packed in water, or their own juice, not sugar added. Mixing of fruits except the ½ cup fruits to total 1 cup.

Use real mayonnaise only, not whipped dressing.

Watch out for high carbohydrate artificial sweeteners. If you are concerned about artificial sweeteners, see your doctor.

1, Use diet catsup and regular mustards on your meats and fish.

2. 3-tsp. lemon juice daily may be used in tea or finger salad. If milk is used as a protein, some of that milk may be used ...

PAGE THREE OF OA PAMPHLET

FOOD PORTIONS SHEET

PROTEIN

Beef - 4 oz.

Cheese - 2 oz.

Chicken - 2 pieces

Clams - 4 oz.

Crab - ½ cup.

Cold Cuts - 2 slices.

Cottage Cheese - ½ cup.

Eggs - 2.

Fish - 4 oz.

Frankfurters - 2

Ham - 4 oz.

Heart - 4 oz.

Kidney - 4 oz.

Lamb - 4 oz.

Liver - 4 oz.

Lobster - 4 oz.

Oysters - 4 oz.

Pork - 4 oz.

Salmon - ½ cup

Sardines - ½ cup

Shrimp - 4 oz.

Soyburger - 4 oz.

(soy proteins, ham & sausage links)

Steak - 4 oz.

Tongue - 4 oz.

Tuna - ½ cup

Turkey - 4 oz.

Veal - 4 oz.

Milk - 8 oz = ½ protein

Buttermilk, 1 cup = ½ protein

Yogurt, low fat plain 1 cup = 1 protein

COOKED VEG. - 1 CUP

Artichoke

Asparagus

Bean Sprouts

Broccoli

Brussel Sprouts

Cabbage

Cauliflower

Celery

Chard

Cucumber

Eggplant

Greens : Mustard, Collard,Beet, Spinach, Turnip

Lettuce

Mushrooms

Okra

Peppers - green, red

Radishes

Parsley

Pickles - sour, dill

Sauerkraut

String Beans

Summer Squash

Tomatoes

Turnip

Zucchini

COOKED VEG. 1/2 C.

Beets

Carrots

Onions

Pumpkin

Rutabagas

Winter Squash

Wheat Germ - 1/8 cup

THE FOLLOWING MAY BE USED FOR COOKING ONLY

All spices, Onion Soup, Horseradish, Soy Sauce and Paste, Worcestershire Sauce.

PAGE FOUR OF OA PAMPHLET

FRESH FRUITS

Apricots - 3 medium

Apple - 1 medium

Blackberries - ½ cup

Blueberries - ½ cup

Boysenberries - 1 cup

Cantaloupe - ½

Casaba Melon - ¼

Cranberries - 1 cup

Gooseberries - 1 cup

Grapefruit - ½

Honeydew Melon - ¼

Lemons & Limes - 2

Orange - 1 (3" diam.)

Pineapple - 1 cup

Peach - 1 medium

Plum - 2 medium

Raspberries - ½ cup

Rhubarb - 1 cup

Strawberries - 1 cup

Tangerine - 2 large

This is the food plan. It will get rid of the outer manifestation, fat. It is only a part of our program. The 12 Steps will take care of our living problems.

You may ask, "Can I do it?"

Yes, the key is within yourself. All you need is honesty, willingness and an open mind.

Many of the things you hear will sound strange at first. Just listen to the new ideas. Let them flow over you. Give these concepts time to settle.

A choice is open to you. You can choose to become responsible to yourself, for yourself. Learn, one day at a time, to like and love yourself.

Recovery begins here. The choice is yours.

Keep coming back!

PAGE FIVE OF OA PAMPHLET

THE TWELVE STEPS

Here are the steps which are suggested as a program of recovery.

(listing of 12 steps of Overeaters Anonymous)

PAGE 6 AND FINAL PAGE OF THE PAMPHLET

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS

WEIGHING AND MEASURING FOOD

We use an 8-ounce measuring cup (level) and a postal or kitchen scale. Foods are measured and weighed after cooking.

FOOD PREPARATION

Meats may be broiled, baked, boiled, roasted, pan-fried, or grilled. Eggs may be fried. Salad dressing without sugar once a day; a pat of butter or margarine may be used in cooking vegetables.

FOODS WE AVOID

Cake, candy, candy coated gum, catsup, cookies, honey, jam, jelly, nuts, pastries, peanut butter, pie, sugar, sugared soft drinks, syrups, Creamed, fried or scalloped foods. Cereals, noodles and spaghetti, Beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Condensed milk, cream cheese, sour cream and whipped cream. Crackers and all bread products.

WE ALSO SUGGEST . . .

1. Write your food plan daily; call it in to your food sponsor for one month.

2. Eat slowly, taking small bites.

3. Eat your meals sitting down.

4. No second helpings at meals.

5. Do not skip any meals.

6. Weigh yourself only once a month.

7. Avoid your individual binge foods.

8. Call before you take that first bite.

DO NOT EAT DIET SWEETS OR FOODS NOT ON THE FOOD PORTIONS SHEET

WHEN IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT.

Could someone condense the "do's and don'ts" of this way of eating? I understand the no flour or sugar but what about dairy, oat bran, wheat bran, oatmeal, etc???

here's the "food plan" it's been around a long time - 1973 is the earliest version I have...

It's pretty easy to follow it does become a way of life -

If you are starting this as a diet - note: for the first week, you may be hungry - I was - but I lost 21 lbs in 2 months - and felt healthy, rested and just plain gooood

PLAN "A" -- LOW-CARBOHYDRATE

(Suggested for losing weight)

SAMPLE MENU

BREAKFAST

1 Protein

1 Fruit

Coffee

LUNCH

1 Protein

1 Vegetable

Finger Salad

(no dressing)

DINNER

1 Protein

1 Vegetable

Salad

For carbohydrate sensitive people, man-made sugars and starches create a craving for more of the same. Therefore these foods cannot be eater at all! This plan provides for complete abstinence from man-made sugars and starches and from any foods with more than 10% carbohydrate content.

We suggest three measured meals a day with nothing in between but black coffee, tea or no-calorie soft drinks.

Overeaters Anonymous offers a choice of three disciplined eating plans:

For losing weight ... Plan "A", low-carbohydrate (this pamphlet) or Plan "B", basic-four food groups. For maintaining normal weight ... low-carbohydrate maintenance plan. Before you choose any plan, see your doctor. If you have a medical problem, follow your doctor's plan. You will still be abstaining from compulsive overeating.

REMEMBER .... OURS IS A THREE-FOLD ILLNESS. THESE SUGGESTED EATING PLANS CAN GUIDE US ON THE PHYSICAL LEVEL BUT WE NEED THE 12 STEPS TO REMEMBER OUR RECOVERY ON THE SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL LEVEL AS WELL.

PAGE TWO OF OA PAMPHLET

SUGGESTED GUIDES FOR PLAN "A" ABSTINENCE

Proteins may be mixed (i.e., chef's salad). Vegetables may be mixed. If a ½ cup vegetable is included, the whole portion may not exceed ½ cup.

Sugar must be listed 5th or below on ingredient labels: not among the first 4 items (Ex. Veg Oil, water, salt, spices, sugar.)

Check labels for sugar content: packaged meats, low-cal and regular dressings, mixed spices, vegetables in cans and jars.

Dextrose, lactose and corn syrup are forms of sugar. Must be listed 5th or below on labels.

Mix family salads, then measure two 8 ounce cups for your own, using up to 2 tbs dressing without sugar.

A finger salad is three small, raw vegetables or green salad without dressing.

When eating out, if cooked vegetable in not available have a 4th raw vegetable.

If fresh fruits are unavailable, use fresh frozen not packed in sugar or syrup, fruits packed in water, or their own juice, not sugar added. Mixing of fruits except the ½ cup fruits to total 1 cup.

Use real mayonnaise only, not whipped dressing.

Watch out for high carbohydrate artificial sweeteners. If you are concerned about artificial sweeteners, see your doctor.

1, Use diet catsup and regular mustards on your meats and fish.

2. 3-tsp. lemon juice daily may be used in tea or finger salad. If milk is used as a protein, some of that milk may be used ...

PAGE THREE OF OA PAMPHLET

FOOD PORTIONS SHEET

PROTEIN

Beef - 4 oz.

Cheese - 2 oz.

Chicken - 2 pieces

Clams - 4 oz.

Crab - ½ cup.

Cold Cuts - 2 slices.

Cottage Cheese - ½ cup.

Eggs - 2.

Fish - 4 oz.

Frankfurters - 2

Ham - 4 oz.

Heart - 4 oz.

Kidney - 4 oz.

Lamb - 4 oz.

Liver - 4 oz.

Lobster - 4 oz.

Oysters - 4 oz.

Pork - 4 oz.

Salmon - ½ cup

Sardines - ½ cup

Shrimp - 4 oz.

Soyburger - 4 oz.

(soy proteins, ham & sausage links)

Steak - 4 oz.

Tongue - 4 oz.

Tuna - ½ cup

Turkey - 4 oz.

Veal - 4 oz.

Milk - 8 oz = ½ protein

Buttermilk, 1 cup = ½ protein

Yogurt, low fat plain 1 cup = 1 protein

COOKED VEG. - 1 CUP

Artichoke

Asparagus

Bean Sprouts

Broccoli

Brussel Sprouts

Cabbage

Cauliflower

Celery

Chard

Cucumber

Eggplant

Greens : Mustard, Collard,Beet, Spinach, Turnip

Lettuce

Mushrooms

Okra

Peppers - green, red

Radishes

Parsley

Pickles - sour, dill

Sauerkraut

String Beans

Summer Squash

Tomatoes

Turnip

Zucchini

COOKED VEG. 1/2 C.

Beets

Carrots

Onions

Pumpkin

Rutabagas

Winter Squash

Wheat Germ - 1/8 cup

THE FOLLOWING MAY BE USED FOR COOKING ONLY

All spices, Onion Soup, Horseradish, Soy Sauce and Paste, Worcestershire Sauce.

PAGE FOUR OF OA PAMPHLET

FRESH FRUITS

Apricots - 3 medium

Apple - 1 medium

Blackberries - ½ cup

Blueberries - ½ cup

Boysenberries - 1 cup

Cantaloupe - ½

Casaba Melon - ¼

Cranberries - 1 cup

Gooseberries - 1 cup

Grapefruit - ½

Honeydew Melon - ¼

Lemons & Limes - 2

Orange - 1 (3" diam.)

Pineapple - 1 cup

Peach - 1 medium

Plum - 2 medium

Raspberries - ½ cup

Rhubarb - 1 cup

Strawberries - 1 cup

Tangerine - 2 large

This is the food plan. It will get rid of the outer manifestation, fat. It is only a part of our program. The 12 Steps will take care of our living problems.

You may ask, "Can I do it?"

Yes, the key is within yourself. All you need is honesty, willingness and an open mind.

Many of the things you hear will sound strange at first. Just listen to the new ideas. Let them flow over you. Give these concepts time to settle.

A choice is open to you. You can choose to become responsible to yourself, for yourself. Learn, one day at a time, to like and love yourself.

Recovery begins here. The choice is yours.

Keep coming back!

PAGE FIVE OF OA PAMPHLET

THE TWELVE STEPS

Here are the steps which are suggested as a program of recovery.

(listing of 12 steps of Overeaters Anonymous)

PAGE 6 AND FINAL PAGE OF THE PAMPHLET

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS

WEIGHING AND MEASURING FOOD

We use an 8-ounce measuring cup (level) and a postal or kitchen scale. Foods are measured and weighed after cooking.

FOOD PREPARATION

Meats may be broiled, baked, boiled, roasted, pan-fried, or grilled. Eggs may be fried. Salad dressing without sugar once a day; a pat of butter or margarine may be used in cooking vegetables.

FOODS WE AVOID

Cake, candy, candy coated gum, catsup, cookies, honey, jam, jelly, nuts, pastries, peanut butter, pie, sugar, sugared soft drinks, syrups, Creamed, fried or scalloped foods. Cereals, noodles and spaghetti, Beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages. Condensed milk, cream cheese, sour cream and whipped cream. Crackers and all bread products.

WE ALSO SUGGEST . . .

1. Write your food plan daily; call it in to your food sponsor for one month.

2. Eat slowly, taking small bites.

3. Eat your meals sitting down.

4. No second helpings at meals.

5. Do not skip any meals.

6. Weigh yourself only once a month.

7. Avoid your individual binge foods.

8. Call before you take that first bite.

DO NOT EAT DIET SWEETS OR FOODS NOT ON THE FOOD PORTIONS SHEET

WHEN IN DOUBT, LEAVE IT OUT.

I eat Whole Wheat Bread now because they say to stick with the whole grains. Anyway, I just recently read the ingredients and guess what the 3rd item listed was? High fructose corn syrup!!! So I checked various breads at the grocery store and they all had it in them! What do you get?

Try Alvarado Street brand "bread"

Larger Safeways carry it and Mollie Stones (we're in CA)

Some of the "flavors" are better than others...

Plus it sits in your stomach like a brick -

on splurge days - 2 slices bread and 2 slices cheese - grilled with a hughe dose of veggies (salad usually)

I've been reading this post and find it very interesting. I'm going to give it a try; giving up flour & sugar. Going on a cruise mid March and would like to loose 20 lbs. Don't know if it's doable, but I'm going to try.

Have some questions, hope somebody can help.

Went to the grocery store today and really started reading labels and became somewhat confused. Sugar is in everything.

Do you have to give up sugar 100% or is 1g of sugar on the nutrion label o.k.?

Also I noticed on the sugar free foods (e.g. Eskimo Pie ice cream bars) the package states it's sugar free but when you read the nutrion label, there is 4 g. of sugar. Is this prduct really sugar free?

Are all artificial sweetners o.k. to use (I like spenda) . Most products that say sugar-free are replaced with spenda.

Another question, about bread. Is there any brand of bread that is allowable on this diet? Does anybody have a recipe for making pizza and still follow this plan?

Any help is very much appreciated

I too have enjoyed reading this thread. Does anyone have a fool-proof way of cooking brown rice. :confused:

My many attempts result in crunchy inedible offerings. (Yes I have followed the "back of the pack". :rolleyes: )

I too have enjoyed reading this thread. Does anyone have a fool-proof way of cooking brown rice. :confused:

My many attempts result in crunchy inedible offerings. (Yes I have followed the "back of the pack". :rolleyes: )

It is very easy to cook. Follow the directions on the back of the bag re: how much water & rice. Place both in a boiler on the stove on medium heat. When it starts to boil, cover and reduce heat to medium/low. Cook it for approximately 30 minutes without lifting the lid or stirring (VERY IMPORTANT). After 30 minutes, turn off heat and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. The rice should be perfect. :D

I've been reading this post and find it very interesting. I'm going to give it a try; giving up flour & sugar. Going on a cruise mid March and would like to loose 20 lbs. Don't know if it's doable, but I'm going to try.

Have some questions, hope somebody can help.

No problem. But first I have to say this is NOT A LOW-CARB DIET. I eat TONS of carbs. More carbs in fact than protein. This is not, I repeat NOT THE ATKINS DIET, NOR a low carb diet like the long list that was posted above.

Sugar is in everything. Yes. Or pretty close to it anyway. It is in most processed and packaged foods. So start there. Stay away from that crap.

Do you have to give up sugar 100% or is 1g of sugar on the nutrion label o.k.? The easy answer is GIVE UP SUGAR 100%. However, there is naturally occuring sugar in things such as milk. There is 12 grams of sugar in an 8oz glass of skim milk, so the trick is to read the label and stay away from added sugar: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, fructose, sucrose... naturally occuring sugar like that in dairy, fruits, and veggies are ok as long as you don't eat too much. Stay away from juice, and high sugar fruits like pinapple when you first begin the diet. Berries, tomato, and avocado are all very low in sugar.

Also I noticed on the sugar free foods (e.g. Eskimo Pie ice cream bars) the package states it's sugar free but when you read the nutrion label, there is 4 g. of sugar. Is this prduct really sugar free? This is most likely from the milk itself. Should be ok as long as there are no added sugars. AND NO FLOUR, WHEAT or GLUTEN.

Are all artificial sweetners o.k. to use (I like spenda) . Most products that say sugar-free are replaced with spenda. Splenda is made from sugar, but altered so that the body cannot process it. These are fine.

Another question, about bread. Is there any brand of bread that is allowable on this diet? Does anybody have a recipe for making pizza and still follow this plan? No. Unless you can find a way to use brown rice flour, or corn flour. The idea is to stay away from GLUTEN which is in all wheat products, even whole grain ones.

You need to stop wanting to cheat and have pizza - get over it. Do you want to lose weight or eat pizza? You can't do both. You have to make a choice.

You also have to exercise. You can't expect to do this diet, and sit on your sofa and lose weight. You don't have to aerobicise your way into a brain aneurysm, but you must have some activity even if you just walk, or do some light weights. DO SOMETHING.

The big key here is to just DO IT, keep it simple. NO SUGAR/NO FLOUR. Period. That means no pizza, no alcohol, NO WINE, NO BREAD.

This is an easy diet - if you just COMMIT and stick to it. Stop eating the poison, and you'll stop craving it. You will lose weight if you don't cheat.

Do not try to make too many short cuts, otherwise you won't be on the diet at all.

For those of you who want bread, here's one that I found out about on a clean eating message board:

Ezekiel Bread

http://www.mybloodsugar.net/foodforlife.htm

I haven't bought any yet, but plan to tomorrow.

Because there is wheat and barley in that bread, it has gluten. If you're going to have bread, you're not on this diet, and it won't be as easy. Period.

Some other notes about this diet: You have to be smart. Just because butter, sour scream, and corn chips are ok on this diet, it doesn't mean you can sit down and eat a giant tub of each and the whole bag of chips each and every night in front of the TV. If you eat that way, you'll gain weight not lose it.

You will not starve or die if you don't eat bread. What's the big deal? Give it up and lose weight. Try it. It's not impossible. If you really want to lose the weight - stop eating bread and sugar and be smart, and you will.

Archived