Port vs Starboard

dansu

Apart from the obvious difference being one is left and the other right, is there any advantage to being on Port side vs Starboard or vice versa. On any cruises I have checked out online the Port side seems to be booked before Starboard...just curious:confused:

Look at the route the ship is taking. In some cases one side or the other gets the better view/more sun/less sun/ect.

Good point, I just figured if I missed it going one way, I'd catch it going the other. But your theory explains why there are very few, if any, port side cabins left on our Panama, Costa Rica and Belize cruise, as depending on how close the ship follows the coastline, the port side would be the side with a view since we sail up from Panama, and not down from Costa Maya.

Thanks.

1st time cruising....25th Anniversary

to some people they think picking a set side is good for viewing the ports when you arrive.

But since "parking" is determined by the captain and when you arrive you can either pull in or back in.

\

the only difference what side to be on would be an alaskan cruise going on a northbound or south bound.

Archived