Baby Food on Princess?

aadaneboy

My wife, 6 mo old daughter(at time of sailing) and I just booked a cruise on Grand Princess Western Caribbean.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered Princess's baby food? How was it and how much do they provide? --DD is still breast feeding, but will not be by the time we cruise. I'm honestly not even sure at 6 months what they nurish themselves on.....still just formula or a combination of both? (first baby)

Also, has anyone ever ordered the crib/pack n' play with Princess? How was that? Just trying to figure out things we won't need to bring with us, as I am betting on our DD having more luggage than we will. LOL...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

My wife, 6 mo old daughter(at time of sailing) and I just booked a cruise on Grand Princess Western Caribbean.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered Princess's baby food? How was it and how much do they provide? --DD is still breast feeding, but will not be by the time we cruise. I'm honestly not even sure at 6 months what they nurish themselves on.....still just formula or a combination of both? (first baby)

Also, has anyone ever ordered the crib/pack n' play with Princess? How was that? Just trying to figure out things we won't need to bring with us, as I am betting on our DD having more luggage than we will. LOL...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Ask your pediatrician. Some start food at 4 months and others don't recommend until 6 months. So if your doctor says 6 months, I would wait until after the cruise to start any food...you don't want to find out about allergies on a trip!

Thanks Eskwire. We've got the crib ordered--our TA did it without us even asking which was nice. I noticed that on Princess you have to pre order baby food via letter? Any experience with that?

I'll give a call about the types of food.

thanks again.

When it gets close to your trip you can go on line to cruise personalizer. There is an options checklist somewhere and you can check off "baby food". But I would also talk to a live agent or your TA. Personally, I would just pack it from home (in ziplock bags in case one breaks) to be sure I had exactly what my kid wanted and easy access stored in my room whenever I needed it. Since your wife breast feeds, you don't have to pack portable formula (like me last year...that took up A LOT of space) so you should have room for food jars.

We are going on the Grand Princess in January w/our son who will be 9 months old. I went to the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website. It instructed us to go fax a request to Princess. I did that, and got an email response w/more detailed instructions and a form to fill out and fax back to them b/w 30 and 10 days before our cruise. Per the form/email they sent, they will provide: stage 1 or 2 Gerber baby food in 2.5 oz. jars, baby juices, and boxed baby cereal in 8 oz. boxes. They state flavor selections can be made on board, however, on the form you specify how many you want of each and can specify meats, vegetables, fruits. It also states that once on board, you are to contact your cabin steward to actually bring it to the room.

Lisa

I did this with my twins and it went beautifully. I filled in the form with exactly how many jars each of meat/veggies/fruit I wanted, plus boxes of baby cereal (the mushy oatmeal kind that your baby might be eating by then); plus juice and it was all delivered to my cabin once I got on board and called.

You will find the Princess crew will jump through hoops to make sure all of you have a great cruise. I don't think there's any better way to travel with baby.

Best,

Mia

No problem!

I will definitely post and let everyone know how things went. We also have a 3 year old son. We are lucky b/c the whole family (both sets of grandparents, several aunts and uncles are going). We traveled on the Carnival Conquest when our oldest son was 18 months old, and he loved it (so did we!).

Archived