Shuttle LAX to Long Beach - Reservation?

Payd

I apologize in advance if this thread is already out there~~my searches turned up blank pages.

We are flying into LAX the day before our Pride sailing (overnight on the Queen Mary). Arriving at LAX around 1 pm on Sat. On the way out we leave LAX at 1:30 on the day of debarkation.

I am wondering if we should make a reservation with a shuttle service to and from the pier~~or if we should just show up and go with whatever shuttle service is closest.

Please let me know how this has worked for you and if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

Payd:)

You can just pick up a shuttle at the airport and then again at the dock, there will be plenty of them around. But be prepared to do the "ring around the airport" as the driver looks for more fares until he has a full van, make multiple stops and get a tour of Southern California. Possibly the same going from the dock to the airport. If you want a more enjoyable time, book ahead and do an exclusive with www.supershuttle.com or go with www.karmel.com. I have used Super Shuttle in the past, but have used Karmel for the past couple of years as their level of service has been great.

Either way

Enjoy

Ron

I called Super Shuttle today to make a reservation from LAX to Coast Hotel in Long Beach.

I was told I do not need a reservation, just show up at the ground transportation for shared van, and it is first come, first served.

Tat is correct. You only need a reservation if you want an exclusive (a van you don't share with anyone else.) If you don't mind riding around the airport looking for other fares then maybe going out of your way, stopping to drop them off if their stop is before yours, shared ride is the way to go. You can save some money this way, as according to www.supershuttle.com the price is only $17 per person to the Coast hotel versus $73 for an exclusive for up to 7 people. If you have 4 people the difference is only $5 (4 x $17= $68) so at that point you really are probably best off with an exclusive. You can get a reservation online.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived