Room safes

fanofseas

To open the safe you chose 1 credit card, the card you chose is the only card that will open the safe. We were on the Legend last April and I used my Nordstrom's card and carried it with me at all times and the only way my husband could get into the safe is if I gave him that card. You can't use multiple cards. I hope this answers your question.

I used one of those supermarket cards we in the northeast have to get all the "great" bargains at the local supermarkets. I hid it in the room in a prearranged spot so either my DH or I could get into the safe if we wanted. We had no problem at all. :cool:

I wonder if you have two cards - like the supermarket type - that have the same account number if they would work. That way you could both have one. I like the idea of placing the generic card somewhere in the cabin - but what if someone figures that out?

That is a good thought about using the supermarket card that both my husband and I have with the same account number. I wonder if anyone ever tried that. My husband would never hide a card in the room because there are 5 of us and who know who moves things around accidentally.

Although you have the same account number (on the supermarket card), the supermarket cards have embedded numbers in their strip which differentiate them. (card 1, card 2...yes, I worked IT for a grocery chain)

So...it depends on how the safe works. If the safe is looking for an identical card to swipe, only the original supermarket card would open the safe.

We used to track which card was being used for each account to track shopping patterns.

Someone I knew tried the two different supermarket cards and they did not work. Just as they tell you on the instructions "the same card" must be used.

Since there are only two of us I didn't have to worry about anyone moving the card. I pick places where it is least likely to put valuables to do my hiding and in two cruises we have never had a problem. :D

Do not use the sign and sail card as it will de-magnetise(sp) the card and you will not be able to enter your room. Learned the hard way. Use any credit card as the magnetic strip is meant to last longer than the 7 days of the cruise.

I would recommend using any card OTHER than a credit card, so if you lose it carrying it around loose, you don't risk fraud.

I usually use my HMO card or prescription drug card.

Whoah! Your HMO card doesn't have any of your SSN on it? Both mine do.

I'd choose something funny and innocent...my AMC Moviewatcher card :D

Archived