Conquest - Karioke Bar

newfunbound

Karaoke is usually in one of the larger lounges, not some little bar. They have pretty much every single song you've ever heard of. All of the songs will be in a 3 ring binder for you to look through if you're interested in singing.

Each night in Karaoke, they will be looking for specific performers to audition as well. Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Brittney Spears, Aretha Franklin, Madonna, etc. On the last night of the cruise, they will have a legends show where they will feature all of the above winners, plus several surprises from the staff. We almost skipped that last show because some of the karaoke winners we had seen earlier in the week were horrible. It was really a lot of fun.

As the saying goes--you'll never see most of the people again--so try it. Have fun. I have. And I "can't carry a tune in a bucket". Trust me...nobody's going to judge your singing skills :)

Anyone know where I can review the list of song selections at the Karioke Bars?

A cruise ship is the perfect place to do karaoke. It does not matter how many folks are in there...none of them know you and you will probably never see them again!!

It has been years since I have been on the Conquest, but one thing I have found from ship to ship is that their selection can be limited. Even the most popular songs (while on the list) can be worn out from so much use.

I sang in a band years (and do mean YEARS) ago and I love singing. I am to old for the "band" thing anymore....so I do karaoke.

It is one of the reasons I cruise Carnival. We don't have many safe places around where I live to sing. Carnival provides me with a safe (and usually smoke free) area to do what I love!

If there are some favorite songs you like to do, I suggest you bring your own CDGs if you have them or run out to Best Buy and pick up a "canned" disk for usually less than $15.00. I have taken CDGs (some "canned" and some custom) for years and the karaoke hosts handle them very carefully.

Most of all, just go and have a good time. Remember, if we were Whitney Houston...we would be in a recording studio somewhere. We are there to have fun...go for it!!

I have never "Karaoked" before . . .went to one in Nashville a few years ago, and I think all the singers were just unwinding from recording contracts! That was intimidating! I wouldn't have tried that with a gun to my head!

Enjoy singing with a few close friends, but, in public is a whole new game.

It does sound like fun, maybe with enough beer . . .:D

Archived