UPGRADING AT THE PIER. can you do it?

suzycruise

I am sailing on the GLORY on 7/31/04. Would like to know if anyone has had the experience to upgrade at the pier and if so, how much do they charge?

We are booked in CAT 8A and would like to upgrade to a CAT 11 Suite. I'll check with my TA on Monday but I have heard it is cheaper to upgrade at the pier than to do so with the TA. Any info is appreciated.

It's my understanding that pier upgrades are rare. The purser's desk has a sign that usually reads: "No cabins available". As far as the cost - IF there should be availability in your choice of category, the difference would be what the normal rate would be. No discounts, even at last minute.

Remember, all ships are sailing at about 97-103% of capacity. I think your best bet is about 30-45 days prior to sailing and through your TA. The closer to sailing the less availability and prices often go up.

From reading about all the "Free" upgrades on the board is sounds like Carnival doesn't save any of the suites but has the upgrade fairy give them out to lucky cruisers.

sls

Liberty 10/24/05

Destiny 12/04

Sensation 5/04

Holiday 1/04

Conquest 11/03

Royal Caribbean upgrades at the pier for a fee. Tow different cruise lines. I have never heard Carnival upgrading at the pier for a price. (although you can ask)

If you want a suite upgrade now before you go- that way-no disappointments.

Archived