Balcony door--prop open?

scottlyn

We have had a balcony on RCI, but this is our first Carnival cruise. On RCI, we had a sliding door and loved to leave it open at night to hear the ocean.

I see that we are having more of a "door" leading to the balcony.

Can anyone tell me if you can leave it open (we have an outside cabin w/ balcony, not a suite)? Do I need to bring a bungi cord?

We were on the Liberty in Feb. and the air conditioner did not shut off when the door was proped open. We we able to leave it open all night and still feel the AC.

By the front cabin door there is a little plastic door stop used to hold the door open while cleaning. You can wedge that in the door on the balcony and it will stay wide open, without banging.

When the door is closed, it must pus a button in or something that tells the AC it is closed and to stay on (kinda like the light in your refrigerator). Does anyone know or have seen this "trigger"? I'm wondering because maybe a piece of duct tape could provide for an open door (sound of the sea) and AC (comfort).

Bring a refrigerator magnet with your bungee cord and place the magnet over the door latch....the air stays on! At least it did for us on the Legend and the Victory..

There is a reason it cuts off!!! The stewards are supposed to remove any magnets. You won't be thinking it's a great idea when the entire AC system goes out and you are sweating (yes, it HAS happened)... amazes me, would people do this at home when it was 100 degrees outside??? It is a hazard, there is a reason that on most ships they are designed this way... PLEASE don't try to circumvent this feature!!!!!!!! It puts an extreme strain on the electrical system!!!

I think this is the most effective way and possibly the safest without magnets...one of the other cruisers showed us to take the large book that will be in your room and put it in between the door and the wall, it props the door wide open, we did it for about 2 days but it makes me nervous to leave that door open for some reason in a ship

Archived