Tahitian P. dress code-formal nites

AndyPanda

Andy,

i thought the formal nights on the TP were the most formal I'd seen on any Princess ship - there were more tuxes and gowns than I'd seen in a long time. Formal nights are alive and well on the Tahitian, so you better pack accordingly or the clothes cops will pay you a visit.

Charlie

The formal nights on the TP were also very formal on our sailing. I honestly thought they would be a bit more casual, but I was incorrect. Definitely don't believe everything you hear as formal IS formal on the Tahitian Princess.

And remember, there are very few alternates for dining onboard, so plan accordingly.

On our sailing (which was one of the Tahiti to Hawaii sailings, not the normal Cook Islands or Marquesas sailings), we saw very few tuxes. DH wore his kilt with Prince Charlie jacket and I wore a floor-length evening gown and we were definitely among the very most dressed up. Most people were in something somewhat dressier, like a sports coat and khakis, but there were quite a few men without ties. Folks were also less dressy on casual nights than I'm used to seeing on Princess. But, I've read lots of other reviews where people say it was the most formal cruise they've been on, so I thought maybe it had something to do with the itinerary being different. I would definitely bring the suit, because finding food outside the dining room at dinner time is a lot tougher on the Tahitian than on other ships.

I'm shocked.

I heard somewhere that things were much less formal.

Sure glad I asked. Thanks for all your replies.

Don't mind getting "dressed up" at all .

Just calls for heavier suitcases-got to be more selective in packing.

Thanks again, Andy

Archived