Help Finding Beach in Montego Bay

bamaman

We are doing a Canopy Tour in December. After the tour we will have three and a half hours free and are trying to find a good beach close to where the Ship will be tendered/docked. Can anyone recommend a beach? How would you recommend we get to that beach? Is there an entry fee into the beach area? How much time will it take to get there from the dock? What should we expect to pay for transportation to and from that beach? And, is there plenty of transportation to and from that beach?

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Well, it's not a beach, but I love Margaritaville. It's a "closed environment" so you aren't tormented by vendors, etc - and it has a sun deck, a three-story water slide into the ocean, and a water trampoline to play on. There's a mix of people in swim suits and street clothes - it's a very comfortable place to be, and you can truly have a "cheeseburger in paradise." It's easy to get a taxi to and from the pier.

Enjoy!

There shouldn't be a charge. There isn't one at the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios. If you take a table, they want you to order food with drinks, but I don't know if that is written in stone. We have done the Ocho Rios one twice. We will try the one in Montego Bay this January. If you have children, a word of caution.......people get really drunk, and so it isn't always a 'child friendly' environment.

Yes - there are Margaritavilles in Ocho Rios AND in Montego Bay. Mo Bay is the one that I've been to - that does not have a beach, but does have a 3-story water slide. There is no charge to get in, as others have said, but they would like for you to order food/drinks while you're there. As for whether it's child-friendly, I think that would depend on what time you're there. We were there in the late morning and early afternoon, and it was perfectly fine for kids (we all took turns on the water slide!). I can imagine that the crowd would get older and drunker later in the day - but it certainly didn't seem like a wild party place when I was there before - it was just relaxing and wonderful!

The Mo Bay Margaritaville was a short taxi ride away from the pier - and I think it's just a short walk from Doctor's Cave beach.

As for the two cities in Jamaica, Ocho Rios and Mo Bay are (I think!) a couple of hours away from each other...

Enjoy!

Beth

Archived